This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
On-Line (Console-Aided)Assessment of Prior Distributions for Reliability Problems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The quantification of a decision maker's judgements about uncertainty is a key step in Bayesian analysis of a decision problem. This paper is concerned with the use of an on-line computer system to assist a person in quantifying his judgements, with reference to reliability problems. A computer program is designed to display a questionnaire on a console, and to allow the user to interact with the computer during his course of quantification. This interactive feature provides an assistance for the user in removing inconsistencies of his responses to the questionnaire. Furthermore, the responses to the questionnaire are processed in real time to fit a smoothed cumulative distribution to facilitate the user's subsequent analysis.
CitationLin, C. and Schick, G., "On-Line (Console-Aided)Assessment of Prior Distributions for Reliability Problems," SAE Technical Paper 700574, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700574.
- Barlow R. E. Proschan F. “Mathematical Theory of Reliability.” New York John Wiley & Sons 1967
- Edwards W. Lindman H. Savage L. J. “Bayesian Statistical Inference for Psychological Research.” Psychological Review 70 1963
- Grayson, C. J. Jr. “Decision Under Uncertainty: Drilling Decisions by Oil Gas Operators.” Division of Research, Graduate School of Business Administration, Harvard University Boston, Mass. 1965
- Pratt J. Raiffa H. Schlaifer R. O. “Introduction to Statistical Decision Theory.” New York McGraw-Hill 1965
- Raiffa H. “Decision Analysis, Introductory Lectures on Choices Under Uncertainty.” Addison, Wesley
- Scheuer E. M. “IEEE Transaction on Reliability.” February 1969
- Schlaifer R. O. “Analysis of Decisions Under Uncertainty.” New York McGraw-Hill 1969
- Winkler R. “The Assessment of Prior Distributions in Bayesian Analysis.” Journal of American Statistical Association 62 319 September 1967
- Winkler R. “The Quantification of Judgment, Some Methodological Suggestions.” Journal of American Statistical Association 62 320 December 1967