This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Present and Future Uses of Reactive Type Adhesive
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Reactive type adhesives represent the foundation of structural bonding, an industry that has had a tremendous growth in the past 20 years. These adhesives continue to have the greatest number of advantages toward optimum bonding, including good initial wetting and environmental resistance. The extent of their use in the automotive industry has been somewhat limited, especially when compared to their tremendous growth and acceptance in the building of today's aircraft. Their use in the building of tomorrow's automobile represents an excellent opportunity to the automotive designer when he must exploit every advantage offered by the best adhesives. Reactive type adhesives can be successfully used in low-volume production, military vehicles, replacement parts, and similar applications.
|Technical Paper||Flight Test Evaluation of a Method to Determine the Level Flight Performance of a Propeller-Driven Aircraft|
|Technical Paper||Aeroelastically Tailored Propellers|
|Technical Paper||A Validation Methodology for Structural Health Monitoring|
CitationHabeeb, K., "The Present and Future Uses of Reactive Type Adhesive," SAE Technical Paper 700071, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700071.
- Lee H. and Neville K., “Epoxy Resins.” New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., 1957.
- Winding C. C., and Hiatt G. D., “Polymeric Materials.” New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., 1961.
- Skeist I., “Handbook of Adhesives.” New York: Reinhold Publishing Corp., 1962.
- McGuire E. P., “Adhesive Raw Materials Handbook.” Padrick Publishing Co., 1967.
- Riegel E. R., “Industrial Chemistry.” New York: Reinhold Publishing Co., 1949.
- Mark H. F. and Immergut E. H., “Polymer Reviews.” New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (Interscience Publishers), 1963.
- ASTM Special Technical Publication No. 360, “Adhesion.” ASTM, Philadelphia, 1963.
- Symposium “Structural Adhesive Bonding.” Hoboken, N.J.: Stevens Center, Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Hexcell Corp., sales literature.
- Hauck J. E., “Epoxy Plastics.” Materials in Design Engineering, (January 1965), 111-122.
- Staff Report, “Adhesives Make the Corvette.” Adhesive Age (March, 1959).
- Lee H., “New Polymers for Structural Adhesives, Honeycombs and Reinforced Composites.” ASME, Aviation and Space Conference, Los Angeles, Calif., March 14-18.
- Schlickelmann, “Quality Control of Adhesive Bonding Metal Structures.” Royal Netherland Aircraft Factories Fokker Amsterdam, Schiphol, Netherlands.
- “A Sonic Test System for Nondestructively Evaluating Composite Structures.” Quality Assurance Systems, North American Rockwell Corp., Los Angeles, Calif.