This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Systems Approach to Attaining Multiple Thread Fasteners in Thin Sheet Metal Sections
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The methods of applying fasteners has taken on new significance with the increased need to automate the manufacturing assembly function. A systems approach is described which allows installation of multiple threaded nuts in sheet metal simultaneous with other stamping operation.
Justification for new approaches to fastening procedures is documented. Both system philosophy and hardware approach are treated in detail, including identifying the problem, designing for solution, supplier and user agreement and execution of the plan.
CitationEdwards, W., "A Systems Approach to Attaining Multiple Thread Fasteners in Thin Sheet Metal Sections," SAE Technical Paper 700008, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700008.
- Current Practices, Problems, Trends” A Production Forum Study Bramson Publishing Company 1968 15
- Current Practices, Problems, Trends” A Production Forum Study Bramson Publishing Company 1968 16
- McManus G.J. “Where Have All the Workers Gone.” Iron Age Jan 9 1969 42
- “What Metalworking Managers Expect in 1969.” Steel December 9 1968 52
- Kovach Jerry “Computer Aided Labor Balancing (CALB), Systematic Assembly Management.” Assembly Engineering September 1969 21