This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Cargo Handling Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Advanced cargo handling systems will be heavily influenced by standardization of next generation air cargo modules, containers, and pallet loads. These influences will be felt through the entire logistics system of military and commercial airlift. Terminals, cargo handling equipment, surface transportation, and management systems will be subject to new demands in capability, operation, and productivity. Of prime interest is the aircraft load/offload interface and its effect on present and future equipment. It is timely to consider the setting of future design requirements to assure a support system that will complement the evolution of standard air cargo modules.
CitationMorrison, H. and Wright, C., "Advanced Cargo Handling Systems," SAE Technical Paper 690633, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690633.
- Post-1971 Materials Handling Study Final Report, ASD-TR-67-5, Aeronautical Systems Division, United States Air Force May 1967
- Military Airlift Command Manual MM 55-8, Change 2, Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF), United States Air Force April 16 1969
- Aschenbeck L. B. Bader H. E. “The Next Generation of Air Freight Containers. ” Douglas Paper 5537, Douglas Aircraft Co., McDonnet-Douglas Corp. February 6 1969
- Dittmer Col.R. E. “Distribution Cost Benefits to Shippers from Intermodal Transport. ” Intermodal Transport - Proceedings of a Conference, Oregon State University March 20 1969 59 72
- Besson Gen. F. S. Jr. “Mobility in the Modern Army Defense Transportation Journal” XXVI 1 January-February 1969 33 38
- “Reusable Metal Shipping Container, ” (CONEX III), TIR 188.8.131.52, Interim Report, Army Materiel Command March 1968
- Aviation Week & Space Technology “U.S. Missiles. ” 88 12 March 18 1968 183 184
- Aviation Week& Space Technology “U.S. Gas Turbine Engines.” 88 12 March 18 1968 212 213
- Standard Characteristics (Dimensions, Weight and Cube) for Transportability of Military Vehicles and Equipment, TB-55-46, Department of the Army August 1967
- TOE 7G, TOE 7-15G, TOE 7-45G, and TOE 17-35G, Infantry Division, Department of the Army 1966
- Transportation Reference Data, FM 55-15, Department of the Army December 1963
- Organization, Technical, and Logistical Data, FM 101-10-1, Staff Officers Field Manual, Department of the Army January 1966
- Statement of Work for a Design Study of a C-5 Aircraft Cargo Loading System for Major Permanent Terminals, ASWDE Exhibit 69-1, Air Force Systems Command, United States Air Force February 5 1969