This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Winterization of Vehicles To -50F
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Discussion in this paper is centered on general problems of subarctic operation, results of the 1968-1969 winter testing at Ft. Churchill, Manitoba, Canada, and the testing planned for the 1969-1970 season at Ft. Churchill. Significant findings from the 1968-969 testing indicate the vital importance of care in preparation of vehicles for the arctic, the need for greater simplicity and reliability in design of winterization systems, and the inadequacy of currently used elastomeric components (hoses, o-rings, etc.).
|Technical Paper||“STATE OF THE ART” REPORT ON WINTERIZATION OF CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT|
|Aerospace Material Specification||Chloroprene (CR) Rubber Weather Resistant 25 - 35|
|Aerospace Material Specification||Chloroprene (CR) Rubber Weather Resistant 45 - 55|
CitationBell, J., "Winterization of Vehicles To -50F," SAE Technical Paper 690580, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690580.
- “Design and Modification of Industrial Vehicles for Operation at Low Temperatures.” Published as SP-346 New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. December 1968
- “Summary of Conclusions and Recommendations.” Army Report Exercise Eager Beaver I (combined U.S.-Canadian Engineer User Trial, 1951-1952, Yukon Territory) 1952
- Male Physical Dimensions for Construction and Industrial Equipment Design — SAE J 833, SAE Recommended Practice, SAE Handbook.
- Gardner J. P. “State of the Art Report on Winterization of Construction Equipment.” Paper 792-A presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1964
- “Design and Modification of Industrial Vehicles for Operation at Low Temperatures.” SP-346, New York: Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., 1968
- “Study to Determine Specification Date for Winteriza-tion of Military Motorized Road Graders.” Phase II Report Stolper Industries, Inc. Menominee Falls, Wis
- Walker “Report on Field Tests on Winterized Equipment.” Hovey R. Associates, Ltd., Vehicle Systems Engineering Ottawa, Ont. 1969