This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of a Mobile Equipment Hydraulic Control System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: National West Coast Meeting
This paper describes a simulation of a mobile equipment closed loop hydraulic position control system, performed on a digital computer using a modeling program. Features are cylinder nonsymmetry, bulk modulus varying as a function of pressure and entrained air, valve pressure/flow, and pump pressure/flow characteristics. Results indicate that the most critical parameters, based on effect on performance and difficulty in predicting their values, are damping and bulk modulus. The simulation can be readily extended to include other effects such as cylinder and load stiction and Coulomb friction, time varying externally applied loads, and valve underlap or overlap.
CitationFrank, J. and Bowman, D., "Simulation of a Mobile Equipment Hydraulic Control System," SAE Technical Paper 690556, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690556.
- Butler R. “A Theoretical Analysis of the Response of a Loaded Hydraulic Relay,” Proc. IME London, England 173 16 1959
- Fitch E. C. “The Simulation of Nonlinear Characteristics in Hydraulic Servo Systems,” Engineering Research Bulletin Oklahoma State University Stillwater, Oklahoma 1963
- Merritt H. E. “Hydraulic Control Systems.” New York John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1967
- Rausch R. G. “The Analysis of Valve-Controlled Hydraulic Servomechanisms,” Bell System Technical Journal November 1959
- Reethof G. “Application of the Analog Computer to Predict Dynamic Performance in Typical Hydraulic Circuits,” Trans. ASME August 1958
- Royle J. K. “Inherent Non-linear Effects in Hydraulic Control Systems with Inertia Loading,” Proc. IME London, England 173 9 1959
- Shearer J. L. “Dynamic Characteristics of Valve-Controlled Hydraulic Servomotors,” Trans. ASME August 1954
- Wang P. K. C. “Mathematical Models for Time-Domain Design of Electronydraulic Servomechanisms,” AIEE Applications and Industry November 1961
- Wang P. K. C. “Analytical Design of Electrohydraulic Servomechanisms with Near Time-Optimal Responses,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control January 1963
- 1130 Continuous System Modeling Program (1130-CX-13X) “IBM Program Reference Manual.”