This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Holographic Measurement of Compressor Blade, Turbine Blade and Airframe Panel Vibration Distribution
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Holographic vibration tests have been conducted to determine the vibration mode shapes of jet engine turbine and compressor blades and airframe panels. Tests were conducted using piezoelectric transducers, electromechanical and electromagnetic vibrators, and acoustic drivers of excitation. Time average holograms were obtained and the vibration pattern used to locate nodes and antinodes and to measure relative displacements.
|Technical Paper||Holographic Inspection of Jet Engine Composite Fan Blades|
|Technical Paper||The Prediction of Interior Noise of Propeller-Driven Aircraft: A Review|
|Technical Paper||Design and Performance of the Acoustic Technology Center at E-A-R™|
CitationAlwang, W., Burr, R., and Cavanaugh, L., "Holographic Measurement of Compressor Blade, Turbine Blade and Airframe Panel Vibration Distribution," SAE Technical Paper 690265, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690265.
- Powell R. L. and Stetson K. A., “Interferometric Vibration Analysis of Wavefront Reconstruction.” Jrl. of Optical Society of America, Vol. 55 (1965), No. 12, p. 1593.
- Stetson K. A. and Powell R. L., “Interferometric Hologram Evaluation and Real-Time Vibration Analysis of Diffuse Objects.” Jrl. of Optical Society of America, Vol. 55 December 1965, p. 1694.
- Ennos A. E. and Archbold E., “Vibrating Surface Viewed in Real-Time by Interference Holography.” Laser Focus, October 1968, p. 58.
- Leith E. N. and Upatnieks J., “Reconstructed Wavefronts and Communication Theory.” Jrl. of Optical Society of America, Vol. 52 (1962), No. 10, p. 1123.
- Horman M. H., “An Application of Wavefront Reconstruction to Interferometry.” Applied Optics, Vol. 4 (1965), pp. 333–336.
- Haines K. A. and Hildebrand B. P., “Surface Deformation Measurement Using Wavefront Reconstruction Technique.” Applied Optics, Vol. 5, April 1966, p. 595.
- Stroke G. W., “Holography Steps into New Fields.” Scientific Research, September 1967, p. 41.
- Brandt G. B., “Techniques and Applications of Holography.” Electro-Technology, April 1968, p. 53.
- Brooks T. L., Heflinger L. O., and Wuerker R. F., “Interferometry with a Holographically Reconstructed Comparison Beam.” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 7, November 1965, pp. 248–249.
- Gabor D., Stroke G. W., Brumm D., Funkhouser A., and Labeyrie A., “Reconstruction of Phase Objects by Holography.” Nature, Vol. 208 (1965), pp. 1159–1162.
- Monahan M. A. and Bromley K., “Vibration Analysis by Holographic and Conventional Interferometry.” Research and Development Report Sept. 8, 1967, Naval Electronics Laboratory Center 4D 663271.