This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Air and Gas Flows in a Crankcase Scavenged Two-Stroke Engine Employing Boost Ports
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes a detailed analysis of flow conditions in the various ducts, volumes, and passages of a small, high speed, crankcase compression, two-stroke gasoline engine, using the method of characteristics to assess pressure wave effects and the associated gas motion in the exhaust duct. The scavenging process and the mixture composition are analyzed in detail and compared with experimental values.
|Technical Paper||Flattening the Torque Curve of a Two-Stroke Engine with a Fluid Diode Installed at the Scavenge Port|
|Technical Paper||Delivery Ratio Changes with Branched Inlet Systems Attached to a Two-Stroke Cycle Engine|
CitationWallace, F. and Langell, P., "Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Air and Gas Flows in a Crankcase Scavenged Two-Stroke Engine Employing Boost Ports," SAE Technical Paper 690134, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690134.
- Jenny B. “Unidimensional Transient Flow, with Considerations of Friction, Heat Transfer and Change of Sections,” Brown Boveri Rev. 57 11 1950 447
- Benson R. S. Carg F. D. Woollatt D. W. “A Numerical Solution of Unsteady Flow Problems,” Int. J. Mech. Sci. 6 1964
- Kluesener O. Schroeder W. “Versuche an Zweitaktmaschinen mit Kurbelkastenspuelung,” MTZ 13 March 1952 55 60
- List Reyl “Die Verbrennungs Kraftmaschine” in “Der Ladungswechsel,” 4 Vienna Springer Verlag
- Wallace F. J. Nassif M. H. “Air Flow in a Naturally Aspirated Two-Stroke Engine,” Proc. IME 168 18 1954
- Wallace F. J. Boxer G. Proc. IME 170 39 1956
- Nagao F. Shimamoto Y. “Effect of Crankcase Volume and Inlet System on the Delivery Ratio of Two-Stroke Engines.” Paper 670030 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1967
- Schweitzer P. H. “Scavenging of Two-Stroke Cycle Diesel Engines.” New York The Macmillan Co 1949