This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The M. I. T. Electric Car
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Designed as a test bed for electric vehicle components, the M.I.T. electric car, Tech I, is adaptable to a number of different power source-control motor systems. This paper discusses the performance of the systems incorporated in the vehicle as of October 1968, and outlines plans for future upgrading of the battery, motor, and control systems, culminating in the evolution of the Tech II electric car.
CitationLoeb, L., "The M. I. T. Electric Car," SAE Technical Paper 690118, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690118.
- Wise C. E. Klein S. Barnes S. “Diary of A Race.” Machine Design 40 23 1968 20 32
- Carson W. W. “Charging Facilities for the M.I.T. Electric Car.” NEREM Record 1968
- Aronson R. R. “The Mars II Electric Car.” SAE Paper 680429 SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit May 1968
- Kaminski C A. “Instrumentation and Controls for the M.I.T. Electric Car.” NEREM Record 1968
- Loeb L. S. “The Electric Car - A Systems Approach.” NEREM Record 1968
- Laumeister B. R. “The GE Electric Vehicle.” SAE Paper 680430 SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit May 1968
- Hoffman G. A. “Systems Design of Electric Vehicles.” Jrl. Transportation Res. 1 1 3 19
- George J.H.B. Stratton I. B. Acton R. G. “Prospects For Electric Vehicles.” Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare Contract No. PH 86-67-108, National Center for Pollution Control Arthur D. Little, Inc. 1968
- Vansant C. A. “Mechanical Design of Electric Automobiles.” Power Systems for Electric Vehicles. Public Health Service Publication No. 999-AP-37 1967
- Thornton R. D. Navon D. H. et al., “Applications of High Power Solid-State Electronics to Electric Propulsion.” Prepared for the U. S. Department of Transportation under Contract C-85-65, DSR 76104-2 October 4 1967
- Brown W. S. “A Lightweight Motor for an Electric Car.” NEREM Record 1968
- Wouk V. “Electronic Circuits for Speed Control and Braking.” Power Systems for Electric Vehicles. Public Health Service Publication No. 999-AP-37 1967
- Van Brunt R. C. “Speed Control of the M.I.T. Electric Car.” NEREM Record 1968