This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Examination of the Combustion Processes in a Compression-Ignition Engine by Changing the Partial Pressure of Oxygen in the Intake Charge
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1968 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The combustion processes in a compression-ignition engine of the direct-injection type are examined by the independent variation of the partial pressure of oxygen in the intake charge coupled with analyses of rates of heat release employing computer methods.
|Technical Paper||Experimental Investigation on the Use of Water Diesel Emulsion with Oxygen Enriched Air in a DI Diesel Engine|
|Technical Paper||Continuous Flow Rotary Vane Engine|
CitationKarim, G. and Ward, G., "The Examination of the Combustion Processes in a Compression-Ignition Engine by Changing the Partial Pressure of Oxygen in the Intake Charge," SAE Technical Paper 680767, 1968, https://doi.org/10.4271/680767.
- Clark, B. R. "Breakup of a Liquid Jet in a Transverse Flow Of gas." NASA TN D-2424 1964
- Abramovich, G. N. "The Theory of Turbulent Jets." A translation from Russian. Cambridge, Mass.: The M.I.T. Press 1963
- Lyn W. T. Valdmanis, E. "The Application of High Speed Schlieren Photography to Diesel Combustion Research." C. A. V. Eng. Rev 1 10 1961
- Clark, J. S. "Initiation and Some Controlling Parameters of Combustion in the Piston Engine." Proc. Inst, of Mech. Eng. (A.D.), 1960-1961, No. 5 p. 165
- Elliot, M. A. "Combustion of Diesel Fuel." SAE Quarterly Transactions 3 1949 490 515
- Broeze, J. J. "Combustion in Piston Engines." De Technische Uitgeverij H. Stam N. V. Haarlem 1963
- Lyn, W. T. "Study of Burning Rate and Nature of Combustion in Diesel Engines." Ninth Symposium on Combustion, Academic Press 1963
- Alcock J. K. Scott, W. M. "Some More Light on Diesel Combustion." Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. (A.D.), 1962-1963, No. 5 p. 179
- Karim, G. A. Gee, D. E. Satterford, R. T. C. "Performance of a C. I. Engine in Unconventional Atmospheres." The Engineer, No. 5695 26 p. 551
- Karim G. A. Gee, D. E. "Heat Release in A Com-pression Ignition Engine." The Engineer 1966 p. 473
- Karim G. A. Khan, M. O. "Examination of Effective Rates of Combustion Heat Release in a Dual-Fuel Engine." Journal of Mech. Eng. Science 1968, No. 10 p. 13
- Austen A. E. W. Lyn, W. T. "Relation Between Fuel Injection and Heat Release in a Direct-Injection Engine and the Nature of Combustion Processes." Proc. of Inst. Mech. Eng. (A.D.), 1960-1961, No. 1 p. 47
- Abughres, M. S. M. Sc. thesis of London University 1967
- Karim, G. A. "The Application of Elementary Chemical Kinetics to Engine Performance Calculations." Advances in Automobile Engineering Part IV, Combustion 1966
- Lyn W. T. Valdmanis, E. "The Effects of Physical Factors on Ignition Delay." Proc. of Inst, of Mech. Eng. (A.D.) 1967 p. 34