This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1968 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Gear design is discussed in terms of drive system requirements; preliminary design considerations; analysis of gear capacity by means of tooth strength rating, surface durability rating, scoring hazard rating, and allowable stress index; computer design analysis; design optimization and kinematic action analysis by computer; and special design considerations.
Equations and graphic illustrations are presented.
CitationLemanski, A., "Gear Design," SAE Technical Paper 680381, 1968, https://doi.org/10.4271/680381.
- McIntre W. L. Malott, R. C. “Advancement of Spur Gear Design Technology.” USAAVLABS Technical Report 66–85 December 1966
- Dudley, D. W. “Gear Handbook.” New York McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc. 1962
- Dudley, D. W. “Practical Gear Design.” New York McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc. 1954
- “Gear Scoring Design Guide for Aerospace Spur and Helical Power Gears,” Report No AGMA 217.01 October 1965
- Kelley, B. W. Lemanski, A. J. “Lubrication of InvoluteGearing.” Paper presented at IME Conference on Lubrication and Wear, London September 1967
- Tso L. N. Prowell, R. W. “A Study of Friction Loss for Spur Gear Teeth.” ASME No. 61-WA-85 October 1962
- Merritt, H. E. “Gear-Tooth Contact Phenomena.” The Institution of Mechanical Engineers November 1961
- Buckingham, E. K. “Recess Action Gears.” Product Engineering June 8 1964
- Lemanski, A. J. Alberti, J. Mack, J. “An Evaluation of Conformal Contact Gears.” USAAVLABS Technical Report 67–83 March 1968
- Chironis Nicholas “Design of Novikov Gears.” Product Engineering September 17 1962