This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Environmental Conditions for Advanced Fastener Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1967 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper, as presented, provides some basic guidelines for the selection of a fastener system intended for use in an exotic environment which will subject the fastening system to unusual stress and environmental conditions.
The paper defines the conditions, the problems there with, and the performance of various fastener materials when subjected to these unusual environments.
CitationLingscheid, R., "Environmental Conditions for Advanced Fastener Systems," SAE Technical Paper 670885, 1967, https://doi.org/10.4271/670885.
- “Propellants Training Manual.” The Marquardt Corp.
- “Rocket Missile Propulsion,” NAA 1958; and Materials Engineering Memos, North American Aviation - Rocketdyne Division
- Reinhart Fred M. “Deep Ocean Corrosion.” U. S. Naval Civil Engineering Laboratory, Geo-Marine Technology September 1965
- Linn C. S. Lourilliard J. J. Hood A. C. “Stress Corrosion Cracking of High Strength Bolting.” Standard Pressed Steel Co.
- Glackin J. J. Gowen Jr. E. F. “Evaluation of Fasteners and Fastener Material forSpace Vehicles.” Standard Pressed Steel Co.