This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance Characteristics - Radial Ply Tires
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1967 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Mid-Year Meeting
This paper examines certain of the mechanical properties and principles that make up the performance characteristics of the radial ply tire. Harshness, tread wear, skid, and traction are discussed as are stability, puncture resistance, standing height, and power consumption. Also discussed is the necessity for viewing tire performance only in respect to a particular vehicle.
|Technical Paper||Radial Ply, Rigid Breaker Tires|
|Technical Paper||THE UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RADIAL WIRE TIRE|
|Journal Article||Study on Energy Loss due to Cornering Resistance in Over-Actuated Vehicles using Optimal Control|
CitationKlamp, W. and Milligan, W., "Performance Characteristics - Radial Ply Tires," SAE Technical Paper 670471, 1967, https://doi.org/10.4271/670471.
- Baker T. P., “A Laboratory Evaluation of Tires for Directional Control.” Paper 794B presented at SAE Meeting, January 1964.
- Hodkin D., “The Status of Vehicle Handling in Great Britain.” Paper 957A presented at SAE Meeting, January 1965.
- Bergman Walter, “The Basic Nature of Vehicle Understeer-Oversteer.” Paper 957 presented at SAE Meeting, January 1965.
- Gough V. E., Jones F. B., and Udall W. S., “Radial Ply, Rigid Breaker Tires.” Paper 990A presented at SAE Meeting, January 1965.
- Lippmann S. A., “The Structural Mechanics of Tires Leading to the Development of Steering Forces.” Paper presented at SAE Meeting, January 1964.
- Nordeen D. L., “Analysis of Tire Lateral Forces and Interpretation of Experimental Tire Data.” Paper 670173 presented at SAE Meeting, January 1967.