This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Torsional Vibrations in Agricultural Tractors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1967 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A brief description of the representation of physical systems as idealized systems and the computation of natural frequencies is given. Using an example of an engine and power shift transmission system, it is shown that a simplified analysis can be made with small effect on the computed natural frequencies. The prevention of torsional vibrations with a power shift transmission, and the prevention of gear rattle in conventional transmissions, is discussed.
CitationHopkins, R., "Torsional Vibrations in Agricultural Tractors," SAE Technical Paper 670193, 1967, https://doi.org/10.4271/670193.
- Wilson W. Ker “Practical Solution of Torsional Vibration Problems.” 1 3rd Ed. New York John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1956
- Wilson W. Ker “Practical Solution of Torsional Vibration Problems.” II 3rd Ed. New York John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1963
- Nestorides E. J. “A Handbook on Torsional Vibration.” London, England Cambridge University Press 1958
- Den Hartog J. P. “Mechanical Vibrations.” 4th Ed. New York McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc. 1956
- Wilson W. Ker “Practical Solution of Torsional Vibration Problems.” III 3rd Ed. London England Chapman & Hall, Ltd. 1965