This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Underwater Work and Manned Submersibles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1967 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper is intended as an introduction into the role of the manned submersible in deepwater exploration and work accomplishment. A brief history of the bathyscaph type vehicle is given. The type of underwater work that submersibles will do is outlined, and a summary review of the existing and future deep diving vehicles is provided.
CitationPritzlaff, J., "Underwater Work and Manned Submersibles," SAE Technical Paper 670183, 1967, https://doi.org/10.4271/670183.
- Beebe W. “Half Mile Down.” New York Harcourt, Brace and Co.
- Piccard A. “Earth, Sky and Sea.” New York Oxford University Press
- Houot G. Willm P. “Two Thousand Fathoms Down.” London Hamilton and Hart-Davis
- Interagency Committee on Oceanography “Underseas Vehicles for Oceanography.” U. S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.
- Terry R. “The Deep Submersible.” Western Periodicals Co. North Hollywood Cal