This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Review of Air Force Research on Biodynamics of Collision Injury
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A summary of previously unpublished experiments and results for biological injury encountered in aircraft situations. Acceleration forces exceed primary acceleration of catapult due to oscillations excited between the man-seat system. Theory behind calculation of these effects is reported. Confirming test results on human and animals given. Extensive bibliography on Air Force investigations included.
CitationStapp, C., "Review of Air Force Research on Biodynamics of Collision Injury," SAE Technical Paper 660805, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660805.
- “Decelerative Forces On Aircrews.” Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory August 1946
- Denzin E. C. “A Decelerator For Human Experimentation.” AF Technical Report 5973 February 1950
- Kroeger W. J. “Internal Vibrations Excited in the Operation of Personnel Emergency Escape Catapults.” Franford Arsenal Laboratory Division November 1946
- McDonald R. K. Kelley V. C. “The Type and Degree of Injury Resulting from Abrupt Deceleration, The Quantative Determination of Pulmonary Hemorrhage.” AAF SAM Randolph Field Texas June 1947
- McDonald R. K. Kelley V. C Kaye R. “The Type and Degree of Injury Resulting From Abrupt Deceleration: The Etiology of Pulmonary Hemorrhage in Cats Exposed to Abrupt Deceleration.” AAF SAM Randolph Field Texas August 1947
- May 1945
- Rushmer R. F. “Internal Injury Produced By Abrupt Deceleration of Small Animals.” AAF SAM Research Project 241 September 1944
- Rushmer R. F. Green E. L. Kingsley H. D. “Internal Injuries Produced by Abrupt Deceleration of Experimental Animals.” AAF SAM Randolph Field Texas January 1946
- Sachs Leonard D. “Historical Sketches of the Catapult Development Program.” Pittman-Dunn Laboratories Frankford Arsenal 1952
- Savely H. F. Ames W. H. Sweeney H. M. “Laboratory Tests of Catapult Ejection Seat Using Human Subjects.” AMC Engineering Division Memorandum Report TSEAA-695-65C October 1946
- Shaw Robert S. Savely H. E. “Acceleration-Time Diagrams For Catapult Ejection Seats.” AMC Engineering Division February 1947
- Shaw Robert S. “Human Tolerance to Negative G of Short Duration.” AMC Engineering Division May 1947
- Stapp John P. “Human Exposure to Linear Deceleration, Part 1. Preliminary Survey of the Aft Facing Seated Position.” WADC AF Technical Report 5915 June 1949
- Stapp John P. “Human Exposure to Linear Deceleration, Part 2. The Forward Facing Position and Development of a Crash Harness.” WADC AF Technical Report 5915 December 1951
- Sweeney H. M. “Pilot-Dummy Ejected From a P-61 Airplane in Flight, Detailed Analysis of Data.” AMC Engineering Division October 1946