This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
NBS Dynamic Seat Belt Tester
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In line with the need for a suitable dynamic test procedure to determine the reaction of seat belt hardware and overall effectiveness of the seat belt or harness in constraining the vehicle occupant at various crash angles, a dynamic seat belt tester has been developed by the National Bureau of Standards. This tester was designed to provide a motion as stipulated by the proposed SAE dynamic specifications, and to reduce the cost, size, and power required in previously designed testers based on the sled principle. A progress report on the performance of this test device to date is given, including a description of its major components and general operation.
|Technical Paper||Assessment of Timely Retractor Lockup in Automotive Seat Belt Systems|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Seat Belt Hardware Performance Requirements|
|Technical Paper||A Portable Occupant Digitization System (PODS): A Tool for Seated Anthropometry|
CitationArmstrong, R., "NBS Dynamic Seat Belt Tester," SAE Technical Paper 660787, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660787.
- Stapp J. P. “Human Exposures to Linear Deceleration.” Air Force Technical Report No. 5915, Pt. II December 1951
- Stapp J. P. Taylor E. R. “Space Cabin Landing Impact Vector Effects on Human Physiology.” Aerospace Medicine 35 12 December 1964
- Michelson I. Aldman B. Tourin B. Mitchell J. “Dynamic Tests of Restraining Devices for Automobile Passengers.”
- Finch D. M. Palmer J. D. “Dynamic Testing of Seat Belts.” Institute of Transportation and Traffic Engineering University of California
- Muller J. T. Dynamic Testing and Engineering Laboratory Hanover, N.J.
- Lundstrom L. C. Kelly, A. H. Jr. La Belle D. T. “Crash Research for Vehicle Safety.” Paper No. 831A presented at SAE Automobile Week Detroit March 1964
- Fredericks R. H. “Progress in Safe Vehicle Design.” Proc. Fifth Stapp Automotive Crash and Field Demonstration Conference 1962
- Severy D. M. Mathewson J. H. Siegel A. W. “Automobile Head-On Collisions, Series II.” SAE Trans. 67 1959 238 264