This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reinforced Plastics - What They Can Do for You in the Next 10 Years
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Seven billion pounds of resins, reinforcing agents, and fillers are estimated to be in annual use today in reinforced plastics, or composite, applications. Their total value to industry is about 4 billion dollars. Data are presented on the potential which exists for producing significant advances of at least two-fold, as opposed to relatively minor improvements in sheet materials such as steel, aluminum, and titanium. This paper presents a review of this surprisingly super market for reinforced plastics with emphasis on management participation.
|Technical Paper||Reinforced Plastic Fabrication Processes|
|Technical Paper||Development of a Pseudohomogeneous, Three-Dimensional, Continuously Woven Composite Material|
|Technical Paper||Mode I Fracture Testing of Adhesively Bonded Joints|
CitationRosato, D., "Reinforced Plastics - What They Can Do for You in the Next 10 Years," SAE Technical Paper 660643, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660643.
- Engstrom E. W.
- Bisplinghoff R. L. June 1966
- “Reinforced Plastics; Where Will They Go from Here,” Plastics World February 1966
- Dietz A. G. H. “Composite Materials.” ASTM Edgar Marburg Lecture 1965
- “Forging Military Aerospace Power.” Air Force System Command Bulletin 1965
- Grimes D. L. “Why Develop New Composite Materials…Now.” Research/Development September 1965
- Rosato D. V. Grove C. S. “Filament Winding: Its Development, Applications and Design.” New York J. Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1964
- June 1966
- “Building Construction: What's in It for Plastics.” Plastics World December 1965
- “Processing of Plastics: Structural Integrity of Filament Winding.” Paper presented Iowa State University Conference April 29 1966
- “Filament Wound $1 Million R&D Contract Release.” North American Aviation, Inc. June 1966
- The Chemical Industry Fact Book Manufacturers Chemist's Assoc. 1962
- Rossi G. A. Johnson J. H. “Composite Sandwich for Small, Unmanned Deep-Submergence Vehicles.” ASME 65-UNT-2 May 1965
- University of Oklahoma “Research in the Field of RP Sandwich Structure for Air Frame Use.” Army Ft. Eustis Report 64-37 July 1964
- Rosato D. V. “Asbestos: Its Industrial Applications.” New York Reinhold Publishing Corp. 1959
- June 1966
- Tinkham S. E. “Cost Estimating for Profit.” Plastics World May 1966
- Sayre J. E. “Reinforced Polyesters - A Market Research Report.” Reinforced Plastics July-August 1965
- “Automated RP.” Plastics World September 1966
- “Sandwich Panel Design Criteria.” Building Research Institute Publ. 798 1960
- “Filament Winding - Tool of the Space Age.” Reinforced Plastics July-August 1966
- Battaglini T. A. “Current Trends and Future Needs for Plastics in Computers.” Paper presented at SPI National Plastics Conference June 1966
- Buck G. R. “Ammunition Packaging Design.” Plastics World June 1965
- Matlack J. D. “Plastics in Ammunition.” Paper presented at SPI National Plastics Conference June 1966
- Rosato D. V. Schwartz R. T. “Environmental Effects on Polymeric Materials.” New York J. Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1967
- “The AU-RP Aircraft.” Reinforced Plastics March-April 1966
- “Composites Promise New Design Freedom.” Reinforced Plastics May-June 1965
- Reed R. “Polybenzimidazole and Other Polyaroma-tics for High Temperature Stractural Laminates and Adhesives.” AFML TR 64-365, Part I 1 November 1964
- Bursk E. C. “A Rational for Marketing Growth.” Industrial Marketing June 1966
- Bingham W. H. “Roads to Growth: Independence or Merger.” Plastics World May 1966
- “Plastics for Aerospace Vehicles,” Military Handbook, MIL-HDBK-17, Armed Forces Supply Support Center Washington, D. C.
- “Composite Construction.” MilitaryHandbook, MIL-HDBK-23, Armed Forces Supply Support Center Washington, D. C.
- Chambers C. C. “The Changing Character of Professional Engineering.” Materials Research and Standards June 1966
- “Backing Industry Growth - Machinery.” Plastics World May 1965
- Rosato D. V. “The Impact of New Machinery in 1976,” SPI Conference Oct 5 7 1966