This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reinforced Plastics - What They Can Do for You in the Next 10 Years
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Seven billion pounds of resins, reinforcing agents, and fillers are estimated to be in annual use today in reinforced plastics, or composite, applications. Their total value to industry is about 4 billion dollars. Data are presented on the potential which exists for producing significant advances of at least two-fold, as opposed to relatively minor improvements in sheet materials such as steel, aluminum, and titanium. This paper presents a review of this surprisingly super market for reinforced plastics with emphasis on management participation.
|Technical Paper||Reinforced Plastic Fabrication Processes|
|Technical Paper||Development of a Pseudohomogeneous, Three-Dimensional, Continuously Woven Composite Material|
|Technical Paper||Mode I Fracture Testing of Adhesively Bonded Joints|
CitationRosato, D., "Reinforced Plastics - What They Can Do for You in the Next 10 Years," SAE Technical Paper 660643, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660643.
- Engstrom E. W., Chairman, Executive Committee, RCA, speech to 1966 graduating class of Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn.
- Bisplinghoff R. L., editorial, AIAA, June 1966.
- “Reinforced Plastics; Where Will They Go from Here,” Plastics World, February 1966.
- Dietz A. G. H., “Composite Materials.” ASTM Edgar Marburg Lecture, 1965.
- “Forging Military Aerospace Power.” Air Force System Command Bulletin 1965.
- Grimes D. L., “Why Develop New Composite Materials…Now.” Research/Development, September 1965.
- Rosato D. V. & Grove C. S., “Filament Winding: Its Development, Applications and Design.” New York: J. Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1964.
- U. S. Plastics Industry Fact Sheet, SPI Release from Basford, June 6, 1966.
- “Building Construction: What's in It for Plastics.” Plastics World, December 1965 and January 1966.
- “Processing of Plastics: Structural Integrity of Filament Winding.” Paper presented Iowa State University Conference, April 29, 1966.
- “Filament Wound $1 Million R&D Contract Release.” North American Aviation, Inc., June 23, 1966.
- The Chemical Industry Fact Book, Manufacturers Chemist's Assoc., 1962.
- Rossi G. A. and Johnson J. H. ,“Composite Sandwich for Small, Unmanned Deep-Submergence Vehicles.” ASME 65-UNT-2, May 1965.
- University of Oklahoma, “Research in the Field of RP Sandwich Structure for Air Frame Use.” Army Ft. Eustis Report 64-37, July 1964.
- Rosato D. V. , “Asbestos: Its Industrial Applications.” New York: Reinhold Publishing Corp., 1959.
- Science and Technology and the U. S. Department of Commerce, Background Memorandum, Dept. of Commerce, June 1966.
- Tinkham S. E. , “Cost Estimating for Profit.” Plastics World, May 1966.
- Sayre J. E. , “Reinforced Polyesters - A Market Research Report.” Reinforced Plastics, July-August, 1965.
- “Automated RP.” Plastics World, September 1966.
- “Sandwich Panel Design Criteria.” Building Research Institute Publ. 798, 1960.
- “Filament Winding - Tool of the Space Age.” Reinforced Plastics, July-August, 1966.
- Battaglini T. A. , “Current Trends and Future Needs for Plastics in Computers.” Paper presented at SPI National Plastics Conference, June, 1966.
- Buck G. R. , “Ammunition Packaging Design.” Plastics World, June 1965.
- Matlack J. D. , “Plastics in Ammunition.” Paper presented at SPI National Plastics Conference, June, 1966.
- Rosato D. V. and Schwartz R. T. , “Environmental Effects on Polymeric Materials.”New York: J. Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1967.
- “The AU-RP Aircraft.” Reinforced Plastics, March-April, 1966.
- “Composites Promise New Design Freedom.” Reinforced Plastics, May-June, 1965.
- Reed R. , “Polybenzimidazole and Other Polyaroma-tics for High Temperature Stractural Laminates and Adhesives.” AFML TR 64-365, Part I, Vol. 1, November 1964.
- Bursk E. C. , “A Rational for Marketing Growth.” Industrial Marketing, June 1966.
- Bingham W. H. , “Roads to Growth: Independence or Merger.” Plastics World, May 1966.
- “Plastics for Aerospace Vehicles,” Military Handbook, MIL-HDBK-17, Armed Forces Supply Support Center, Washington, D. C.
- “Composite Construction.” MilitaryHandbook, MIL-HDBK-23, Armed Forces Supply Support Center, Washington, D. C.
- Chambers C. C. , “The Changing Character of Professional Engineering.” Materials Research and Standards, June 1966.
- “Backing Industry Growth - Machinery.” Plastics World, May 1965.
- Rosato D. V. , “The Impact of New Machinery in 1976,” SPI Conference, Oct. 5-7, 1966.