This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Laboratory Simulation of Driving Conditions in the Los Angeles Area
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: National West Coast Meeting
A study of driving conditions in the central Los Angeles area has led to the formulation of a new chassis dynamometer test cycle for exhaust emissions testing. A single vehicle was used to develop a street route representing a variety of morning peak hour commute trips. A cycle was then compared against the street route with seven vehicles of varying size to assess the validity of the cycle in terms of mode pattern and exhaust emissions.
|Technical Paper||Development of the Federal Urban Driving Schedule|
|Technical Paper||Brake Dynamometer Evaluation of the Detroit Traffic Road Test|
|Technical Paper||The Staged Combustion Compound Engine (SCCE): Exhaust Emissions and Fuel Economy Potential|
CitationHass, G., Sweeney, M., and Pattison, J., "Laboratory Simulation of Driving Conditions in the Los Angeles Area," SAE Technical Paper 660546, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660546.
- TeagueD. M., “Los Angeles Traffic Pattern Survey.”Paper No. 171 presented at SAE National West Coast Meeting, August 1957.
- HassG. C. and BrubacherM. L., “A Test Procedure for Motor Vehicle Exhaust Emissions.”J. Air Poll. Control Assoc., Vol. 12, (November1962), 505-509.
- “Control of Air Pollution from New Motor Vehicles and New Motor Vehicle Engines.”Federal Register, Vol. 31, No. 61, March30, 1966.
- “Driving Habits of American Motorists.”Technical Memorandum No. 345 issued by Petroleum Chemicals Div., E. I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co., Inc., Wilmington, Del., May1959.
- PattisonJ. N. and SweeneyM. P., “A Study of Los Angeles Driving as it Relates to Peak Photochemical Smog Formation.”Paper No. 66-68 presented at National Air Pollution Control Association Meeting, June 1966.
- RoseA. H.Jr., SmithR., McMichaelW. F., and KruseR. E., “Comparison of Auto Exhaust Emissions in Two Major Cities.”J. Air Poll. Control Assoc., Vol. 15, (August1965), 362-366.
- HassG. C., BonamassaF., NewmarkP., and KayneN., “The Influence of Vehicle Operating Variables on Exhaust Emissions.” Paper No. 66-69presented at National Air Pollution Control Association Meeting, June 1966.