This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Laboratory Simulation of Driving Conditions in the Los Angeles Area
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: National West Coast Meeting
A study of driving conditions in the central Los Angeles area has led to the formulation of a new chassis dynamometer test cycle for exhaust emissions testing. A single vehicle was used to develop a street route representing a variety of morning peak hour commute trips. A cycle was then compared against the street route with seven vehicles of varying size to assess the validity of the cycle in terms of mode pattern and exhaust emissions.
|Technical Paper||Development of the Federal Urban Driving Schedule|
|Technical Paper||Brake Dynamometer Evaluation of the Detroit Traffic Road Test|
|Technical Paper||The Staged Combustion Compound Engine (SCCE): Exhaust Emissions and Fuel Economy Potential|
CitationHass, G., Sweeney, M., and Pattison, J., "Laboratory Simulation of Driving Conditions in the Los Angeles Area," SAE Technical Paper 660546, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660546.
- Teague D. M. “Los Angeles Traffic Pattern Survey.” Paper No. 171 SAE National West Coast Meeting August 1957
- Hass G. C. Brubacher M. L. “A Test Procedure for Motor Vehicle Exhaust Emissions.” J. Air Poll. Control Assoc. 12 November 1962 505 509
- “Control of Air Pollution from New Motor Vehicles and New Motor Vehicle Engines.” Federal Register 31 61 March 30 1966
- “Driving Habits of American Motorists.” Technical Memorandum No. 345 Petroleum Chemicals Div., E. I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co., Inc. Wilmington, Del. May 1959
- Pattison J. N. Sweeney M. P. “A Study of Los Angeles Driving as it Relates to Peak Photochemical Smog Formation.” Paper No. 66-68 National Air Pollution Control Association Meeting June 1966
- Rose A. H. Jr. Smith R. McMichael W. F. Kruse R. E. “Comparison of Auto Exhaust Emissions in Two Major Cities.” J. Air Poll. Control Assoc. 15 August 1965 362 366
- Hass G. C. Bonamassa F. Newmark P. Kayne N. “The Influence of Vehicle Operating Variables on Exhaust Emissions.” Paper No. 66-69 National Air Pollution Control Association Meeting June 1966