This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Strength of Bolted Assemblies Subjected to Combined Dynamic Loads
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Mid-Year Meeting
This paper deals with the study of the strength conditions of bolted assemblies subjected to various types of repeated loads. The loads considered are repeated axial loads, repeated bending loads, and repeated combined loads, which are composed of axial and bending loads. A rational equation of the strength of a bolted assembly is suggested in order to express the conditions that exist when such an assembly is subjected to conditions of combined dynamic loading.
CitationLarson, C. and Radzimovsky, E., "The Strength of Bolted Assemblies Subjected to Combined Dynamic Loads," SAE Technical Paper 660433, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660433.
- Moore H. F. Henwood P. E. “The Strength of Screw Threads Under Repeated Tension.” Bulletin No. 264 University of Illinois Engineering Experiment Station
- Radzimovsky E. I. “Bolt Design for Repeated Loading.” Machine Design November 1952
- Maduska L. “Beanspruchnung von Schraubenverbindungen and Sweckmabige Gerstaltung de Gewindetrager.” Forschung auf den Gebiete des Ingenieurwesens November 1936 299
- Almen J. O. “How Tight Should a Bolt Be?” Cleveland, Ohio Fasteners Data Book, Industrial Fasteners Institute 1950
- Boomsia M. “Loosening of Bolted Joints.” Engineer 200 August 1955
- Radzimovsky E. I. Kasuba R. “Bending Stresses in Bolts of a Bolted Assembly.” Report No. 731 SESA 1962
- Dolan T. J. McClow J. H. “The Influence of Bolt Tension and Eccentric Loads on the Behavior of a Bolted Joint.” SESA Proc. 8 1 1950 29
- Pomp A. Hempel M. “Dauerfestigheitschaubilder von Stahlen Sowie von Schrauben…” Mitteilungen a.d. Kaiser-Wilhelm-Inst. f. Eisenforschung., Band 18, lief. 144 1936
- Heywood R. B. “Designing Against Fatigue of Metals.” New York Reinhold Publishing Corp. 1962
- Radzimovsky E. I. “Dynamic Strength Calculation of Bolts,” Vestnik Metallopromyshlennosti (Herald of Metal Industry) 3 March 1940
- Radzimovsky E. I. “The Optimum Shape Characteristics of Bolts Subjected to Variable Loading.” Conference on Dynamic Strength of Machine Members Moscow 1940
- Larson C. S. “Strength Condition in Nut-Bolt Combinations Subjected to Various Types of Repeated Loads.” Ph.D. Thesis University of Illinois June 1965
- Radzimovsky E. I. “Bolted Joints.” Chapter 21 in Mechanical Design and Systems Handbook Rothbart H. A. New York McGraw-Hill Book Co. Inc. 1964
- Bernhard R. K. “Proceedings, American Society for Testing Materials.” 37 634