This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Manufacturing Engineering: A Partner in Advanced Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The multiplicity of advancements in the aerospace sciences and manufacturing technologies have brought both promises and problems. Successful integration of this knowledge is clearly reflected in the product profit.
The successful development and introduction of new products is not a matter of “luck” but rather enlightened, comprehensive, step-by-step planning accomplished in cooperation with the product designer early in the product phase. The promise of continued acceleration of new scientific knowledge and development, of new technologies will require manufacturing engineers with vision, courage, the ability to plan, and the desire to learn.
CitationGlassburner, L., "Manufacturing Engineering: A Partner in Advanced Design," SAE Technical Paper 660324, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660324.
- “Aerospace Technical Forecast, 1962–1972.” Aerospace Industries Association of America, 1962.
- Vaughn, R. L. “The Producibility Trend for Material Removal in the Aerospace Industry.” Newsletter, American Society of Tool and Manufacturing Engineers, Vol. 1, No. 6 (December 1965), 1.
- Turner, A. S. McKinney, J. Chance, M. T. Richman, E. “Future Aerospace Manufacturing Educational Requirements.” Paper 650755 presented at SAE National Aeronautic & Space Engineering & Manufacturing Meeting, Los Angeles, October 1965.
- “Profile Milling Requirements for the Hard Metals (1965–1970).” Report of Ad Hoc Machine Tool Advisory Committee to Air Force, May 1965.
- Johnson, F. J. “Producibility Analysis - A Challenge to Industrial Engineers.” American Institute of Industrial Engineers (1959), 77–84.
- Bixler, H. H. “Search: A Vital Element.” Manufacturing Research Function, American Management Association (1963), 41–49.
- Garvert, R. B. “Increased Responsibilities in Manufacturing.” Manufacturing and Challenge of Change, American Management Association(1962), 9–12.
- Alexander M., Associate Editor, “Production,” May 1965.
- Heinmiller, P. R. “Organizing a Manufacturing Information Program.” Automation, March 1962.