This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Economical Much 3+ SST Fuel Available Now
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1965 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
New refining processes, involving hydrogen and improved catalysts, have been developed by which high quality aircraft hydrocarbon fuels can be prepared. The use of these processes will enable the petroleum refiner to produce such fuels in quantity at favorable cost.
The physical properties and characteristics of several of these fuels are described in this paper.
CitationFoster, R. and Sutphin, E., "Economical Much 3+ SST Fuel Available Now," SAE Technical Paper 650805, 1965, https://doi.org/10.4271/650805.
- Borger J. G., Frey W. P.andMykytkaJohn , “Super Fuels for Supersonic Transports? An Airline Viewpoint”. Paper presented at SAE Air Transport and Space Meeting, New York, April1964.
- SherwoodW. D. “SST Fuels--A Major Airline Concern”. Paper presented at SAE National Aeronautic Meeting, Los Angeles, October1964.
- DonaldsonR. E, and Foringer D. E., “Performance of Hydrogen-Treated Lubricating Oils”. Paper presented at API Division of Refining Meeting, Montreal, May1965.
- Beuther H., SchmidB. K. and Sutphin E. M., “Upgrade Heavy Oils--Increase Profits”. Paper presented at 55th National Meeting of A.I.Ch.E., Houston, February1965.
- Droegemue11er E. A. and Nelson E. K. and“Relation of Fuels to Aircraft Turbine Engines”. SAE National Aeronautic Meeting, New York, April 1958.
- Droegemueller E. A., “Fuel Requirements for Supersonic Transport”. Paper presented at Sixth World Petroleum Congress, Frankfurt/Main, June1963.