This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
HUMAN SIMULATION FOR AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1965 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Citation"HUMAN SIMULATION FOR AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH," SAE Technical Paper 650298, 1965, https://doi.org/10.4271/650298.
- Cichowski, W. G., “A New Laboratory Device for Passenger Car Safety Studies”, Society of Automotive Engineers, New York, New York, Pre-print 663A, March 20, 1963.
- Goldman, D. E. and Von Gierke H. E., “The Effects of Shock and Vibration on Man”, Lecture and Review Series No. 60-3, Naval Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, 8 January, 1960, pp. 151–198.
- Hveem, F. N., Materials and Research Engineer, Division of Highways, Materials and Research Department, 5900 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento 19, California, personal correspondence with the author, dated 15 April, 1963.
- Swearingen, John J., “Design and Construction of a Crash Dummy for Testing Shoulder Harness and Safety Belts”, Civil Aeronautics Administration, Aeronautical Center, Dept. of Commerce, Washington, D. C., April, 1951.
- Ritterrath, F. A., “Design and Construction of an Anthropometric Dummy”, USAF Tech. Report No. 6365, Air Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio, February 1951, 86 pp.
- Severy, D. M. and Mathewson J. H., Proceedings, Fourth Annual California Street and Highway Conference, pp. 112–114, University of California, Los Angeles, 1952.
- Severy, D. M. and Mathewson J. H., “Automobile-Barrier Impacts”, Proceedings, Highway Research Board, Bulletin 91, January, 1954, pp. 39–54.
- , “Sicherheit unser Hauptanliegen”, Motor Rundschau mit Werkverkehr, Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany, 25 Marz, 1960, pp. 188–191.
- , “Sicherheit unser Hauptanliegen”, Motor Rundschau mit Werkverkehr, Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany, 10 April, 1960, pp. 230–232.
- Le Grain-Eiffel, Rene, “Construction and Equipment of Cars from Safety Standpoint”, Automobilisimo and Automobilisimo Industriale, January–February, 1962, pp. 8–9.
- Dye, E. R., “Kinematic Behavior of the Human Body During Crash Deceleration”, Institute of the Aeronautical Sciences, Inc., Pre-print No. 261, 2 E. 64th Street, New York 21, New York, January 4, 1950, 14 pp.
- , “Sierra Sam and Family”, Manufacturer's Brochure on Test Dummies, Sierra Engineering Co., 123 East Montecito, Sierra Madre, California, 1955, 8 pp.
- , “Description of Six Types of Anthropometric Dummies”, Sierra Engineering Company, 123 East Montecito, Sierra Madre, California. 1955, 11 pp.
- See Reference 46.
- Cobb, D. B., “Free Fall Experiments with Half Scale Dummy Men”, Royal Aircraft Establishment, Departmental Memorandum No. ME 147, Farnborough, England, 1957.
- MacIntosh, R. R. and Pask E. A., “The Testing of Life Jackets”, British J. Industr. Med., 1957, 14, 168.
- , “Radiation-Equivalent Manikin-Absorption - REMAB, REMCAL Radiation-Equivalent Manikin-Calibration”, Alderson Research Laboratories, Inc., Bulletin No. 30.
- Patleich, Hans, “A Scientific Pursuit of Safety”, The Auto Car, Volume 113, Number 3361, July 15, 1960, Illife & Sons, Ltd., Dorsett House, Stamford Street, London S. E. 1.
- Sprinkle, W. R., “Static and Dynamic Tests of Combination Shoulder-Harness-Lap-Belt Safety Harness”, Structural Analysis 49, Report 946, April 23, 1951, 17 pp., Beech Aircraft Corporation, Wichita, Kansas.
- Shields, H. J., “Hazards to Ground Personnel from Air Drops of Fire Retardants”, Special Report under TEB 711, June 1961, Forest Service, U. S. Department of Agriculture, Washington D. C., 34 pp.
- Thompson, Lloyd E., Weber Aircraft Corporation, 2820 Ontario St., Burbank, California, personal correspondence with the author, dated 23 May, 1963.
- Stonex, K. A. and Skeels P. C., “Development of Crash Research Techniques at the General Motors Proving Ground”, for presentation at the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Highway Research Board, Washington, D. C., January 7–11, 1963, 21 pp.
- Murphy, James L., “The Helijump -- The Research and Development of the Helicopter Hover Jump Technique”, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Miscellaneous Paper #32, April 1959, 22 pp.
- Ryan, James J. and BeVier William, “Report of Research on Safety Devices for Ground Vehicles”, to U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Public Health Service, NIH, Grant RG-6284 (C-l), April 1, 1959– September 1, 1960.
- Snyder, Richard G., “A Case of Survival of Extreme Vertical Impact in Seated Position”, 62-19 Federal Aviation Agency, Civil Aeromedical Research Institute, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, October 1962, 15 pp.
- Willich, J. H., “Testing of Seat Belts with Dummy and a Centrifugal Seat”, A Report of the Battele-Institut, Frankfurt. Translated from: Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift, Vol. 64, No. 12, December, 1962, pp. 352–357.
- Severy, D. M. and Mathewson J. H., “Automobile-Barrier Impacts, Series II”, Clinical Orthopaedics No. 8, Copyright, 1956, by J. B. Lippincott Company, pp. 275–300.
- Aldman, Bertil, “Biodynamic Studies in Impact Protection”, ACTA Physiologica Scandinavica, Vol. 56, Supplementum 192, Stockholm, 1962, 80 pp.
- Gray, R. F., “Full Body Support Systems”, Impact Acceleration Stress Symposium, National Academy of Scientists, Publication 977, Washington 25, D. C., 1962.
- , “The Limits of Man”, Machine Design, pp. 80–85, January 31, 1963.
- Pesman, Gerard J. and Eiband A. Martin, “Crash Injury”, Technical Note 3775, National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics, Washington, D. C, November 1956, 36 pp.
- Busness, DavidDr. or , “Research Accomplishments in Biodynamics; Deceleration and Impact at the Air Force Missile Development Center, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, 1955–1958”, Historical Division, Office of Information Services, Air Force Missile Development Center, Air Research and Development Command, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, October 1958, 67 pp.
- Gross, Arthur G., See Reference 57.
- Aldman, Bertil, See Reference 28.
- Simmons, Carroll F. and Herting David M., North American Aviation, Inc., Space and Information Division, 12214 Lakewood Blvd., Downey, California, personal communication with author, dated December 10, 1963.
- Severy, D. M., “Auto-pedestrian Impact Experiments”, Proceedings, Seventh Stapp Car Crash Conference, Extension Division, University of California, Los Angeles 24, California. November, 1963, Publication in process.
- Sato, Kazu and Yamada Tsukane, “Head-On Collision Experiments”, Toyota Test Course, Technical Center, Toyota Motor Company, Ltd., Research and Development Department, Toyota-Shi, Aichi-Ken, Japan, December 25, 1962, 22 pp.
- Chief, Bureau of Naval Weapons (RAAE-23), Department of the Navy, Washington 25, D. C. (a) NavParaFac Technical Report #1-61, Evaluation Flight Tests of the T2J-1 Ejection Seat, January 1961. (b) Also NavParaFac Technical Reports 2–59, 4–59, 2–60, and 3–60.
- Vulcan, A. P., Outline of Proposed Investigation 1963–64, Aeronautical Research Laboratories, Crash Injury Research, Box 4331, G. P. O. Melbourne, C. 1, Victoria, Australia, 8 April, 1963.
- Pask, E. A. and Christie P. Denham, “Design of Life Jackets”, Reprinted from the British Medical Journal, Vol. 11, August 4, 1962, pp. 333–335.
- , Newsletter, Cook Electric Company, 2700 North Southport Ave., Chicago 14, Illinois, Issue No. 3, Vol. 5, (no date), 7 pp.
- , “Anthropometric Test Dummies”, Alderson Research Laboratories, Inc., 4814–33rd St., Long Island City 1, New York, (no date), 26 pp.
- Charter, J. W., Engineer, British Standards Institution, Maylands Ave., Hemel Hempstead Herts, England; correspondence with author, dated 9 December, 1963.
- Clark, Carl C. and Faubert D., “A Chronological Bibliography on the Biological Effects of Impact”, ER 11953, The Martin Company, Baltimore 3, Maryland, September 27, 1961.
- Miller, CO., “Preliminary Bibliography Project Siat, Synthesis of Impact Acceleration Technology for Crash Injury Prevention”, Flight Safety Foundation, Inc., Phoenix, Arizona, 1 September, 1962, 65 pp.
- , “Impact Acceleration Stress, Proceedings of a Symposium with a Comprehensive Chronological Bibliography”, National Academy of Sciences - National Research Council, Publication 977, Washington 25, D. C., 1962, 504 pp.
- Severy, D. M., Mathewson, J. H. and Siegel A. W., “Automobile Head-On Collisions, Series II”, SAE Transactions, Vol. 67, Figure 35, p. 258, 1959, Society of Automotive Engineers, New York, New York.
- Picard, F. and Wisner A., “How Can the Physiologist Contribute to the Improvement of Automobile Seats”, Regi Nationale Des Usines Renault Billancourt - France, Society of Automotive Engineers Pre-print 267C, New York, New York, January 9–13, 1961, 20 pp.
- Geoffrey, S. P., “A 2-D Manikin -- The Inside Story”, SAE Pre-print 267A, Presented at 1961 SAE International Congress and Exposition of Automotive Engineering, January 9–13, 1961, 59 pp.
- Stapp, John P., “Human and Chimpanzee Tolerance to Linear Decelerative Force”, Wright Air Development Center, Wright-Patterson, Ohio, 1952, 52 pp.
- Swearingen, J., McFadden, E. B., Garner, J. D. and Blethrow J. G., “Human Voluntary Tolerance to Vertical Impact “, Reprinted from Aerospace Medicine, Vol. 31, December 1960, pp. 989–998.
- Gurdjian, E. S., Webster, John E. and Lissner H. R., “The Mechanism of Skull Fracture”, Reprinted from Journal of Neurosurgery, Vol. VII, 1950, No. 2, pp. 106–114.
- Bazzell, R. C., “The SAE Manikin Interior Space Evaluator”, presented at the National Automobile Meeting, Detroit, Michigan, March 19–21, 1963, Pre-print 662A, Society of Automotive Engineers, New York, New York, 5 pp.
- Bragaw, Chester, personal correspondence with the author, dated 1962–1963.
- DeHaven, Hugh, “Mechanical Analysis of Survival in Falls from Heights of Fifty to One Hundred and Fifty Feet”, War Medicine, 2: 586–596, July, 1942.
- Clifton, Earl S., “Simulation of Heavy-Duty Truck Ride”, National Conference on Driving Simulation, February 27– March 1, 1961, Santa Monica, California, 7 pp.
- Gross, Arthur G., “Impact Thresholds of Brain Concussion”, Reprinted from the Journal of Aviation Medicine, Vol. 29, October, 1958, pp. 725–732.
- Baldwin, Howard A., “Muscle-like Contractive Devices”, presented at the Bionics Conference, Dayton, Ohio, March 20, 1963, 8 pp.
- , “Dynamic Analysis and Behavior of a Human Body Restrained by a Lap Belt and/or Shoulder Harness”, ACR, Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory, Inc., Buffalo 21, New York, March 1963, 13 pp.
- Pask, E. A., “The Design of Life-jackets”, British Medical Journal, October 28, 1961, Vol. II, pp. 1140–1142.
- Severy, D. M., Mathewson J. H., and Bechtol C. O., “Controlled Automobile Rear-End Collisions - An Investigation of Related Engineering and Medical Phenomena, Series I”, Canadian Service Medical Journal, V. XI, Nov. 1955, pp. 727–59.
- Severy, D. M., Mathewson J. H. and Siegel A. W., “Intersection Collisions, Series II”, a paper prepared for presentation before the Society of Automotive Engineers National Automobile Week Session, Detroit, Mich., 1962.
- Kindred, Robert A., “Technical Report No. 155-900, Sierra Engineering Company, 123 E. Montecito, Sierra Madre, California, 1955, 24 pp.
- Eieband, A. Martin, Simpkinson Scott H. and Black Dugald O., “Accelerations and Passenger Harness Loads Measured in Full-Scale Light-Airplane Crashes”, Technical Note 2991, National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics, Washington, D. C., August, 1953, 67 pp.
- , “Anthropomorphic Test Dummies”, Model C-50 Frogman, ; Alderson Research Laboratories, Inc., 4814–33rd Street, Long Island 1 City 1, New York, 26 pages, (Undated).
- Haynes, A. L., and Lissner H. R., “Experimental Head Impact Studies”, (Study was made under sponsorship of the Ford Motor Co.), presented at the Fifth Stapp Automobile Crash and Field Demonstration Conference at the University of Minnesota, September 14, 1961.
- Miles, M., “Mechanized Dummies to Test Space Suits”, Los Angeles Times, p. 24, Part I, Wednesday, November 13, 1963.
- Severy, D. M., Proceedings, Seventh Annual Stapp Car Crash Conference.
- Moseley, Alfred L., “Research on Fatal Highway Collisions”, Papers 1962–1963, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass., 1964.