This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characteristics of Solar Concentrators as Applied to Space Power Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1964 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An analysis is presented of current solar concentrator types when integrated into complete space power systems with various electrical conversion methods. Concentrator designs such as inflatable-rigidized, petal, one-piece, and Fresnel are treated in the paper and their size, weight, and packaging characteristics, when combined with dynamic and static conversion schemes, are illustrated. Information presented in the paper provides insight into the selection of concentrator designs for space power applications.
|Technical Paper||Automotive Glass Collection and Recycling Pilot Study|
|Aerospace Standard||JAUS Messaging over the OMG Data Distribution Service (DDS)|
|Technical Paper||Global Standardization of the Acquisition and Presentation of Comparable Data on Plastics|
CitationHouck, O. and Heath, A., "Characteristics of Solar Concentrators as Applied to Space Power Systems," SAE Technical Paper 640481, 1964, https://doi.org/10.4271/640481.
- McClelland D. H. “Design and Development of Solar Concentrators and their Integration into Space Power Systems.” EOS Report 410-Final May 16 1960
- Heath, Atwood R. Jr. Maxwell Preston T. “Solar Collector Development.” Astronautics and Aerospace Engineering May 1963
- Nowlin William D. Benson Harold E. “Study of an Erectable Paraboloidal Solar Concentrator for Generation of Spacecraft Auxiliary Power.” NASA TN D-1368 1962
- Springer Lee M. “Study, Design, and Fabrication of Solar Energy Concentrator Models.” EOS Report 1577-Final Electro-Optical Systems, Inc. September 1961
- Pichel M. A. “Research and Development Techniques for Fabrication of Solar Concentrators.” EOS Report 1587-Final Electro-Optical Systems, Inc. December 1961
- Castle Charles H. “Solar Concentrator Development Status at TRW.” Technical Memo. 3345-68 TAPCO Div. of Thompson Ramo Wooldridge, Inc. February 1962
- “Experimental Reflector Orbital Shot (EROS),” ASD-TDR-63-266 I April 1963
- Tanenhaus Abraham M. “Inflatable-Rigidized Paraboloidal Solar Energy Concentrator Evaluation.” GER-10295 Goodyear Aircraft Corp. July 20 1961
- Quarterly Progress Report of 15-kw Development Program Sundstrand Report No. CDRD-62:5023 June 1-Aug. 1 1962
- Advanced Stirling Cycle Engine, Preliminary Data Allison Div. of General Motors Corp. Sept. 24 1958
- Ferrara Joseph R. “A Solar Thermoelectric Generator System Study.” ASD Tech. Report 61-315 USAF November 1961
- Bagby John P. Erdmann Robert C. Biblarz Oscar “Large, Low Cost, Thermionic Solar Concentrator Analysis and Development.” ARS Space Power System Conf. Sept. 25-28 1962
- Wilson Volney C. Hamilton Robert C. “Thermionic Convertors for Space Power,” Astronautics and Aerospace Engineering May 1963
- Coffee, Claude W. Jr. Bressette Walter E. Keating Gerald M. “Design of the NASA Lightweight Inflatable Satellite for Determining Atmospheric Drag at Extreme Altitudes.” NASA TN D-1243 1962