This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Studies Using High Intensity Pulsed Laser Beams
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1964 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The experimental procedure used in generating very high intensity pulsed laser beams is reviewed. This is followed by a discussion of the experiments to date using these high intensity beams to observe electrical breakdown at optical frequencies and nonlinear optical effects. Possible applications are also discussed briefly.
CitationTerhune, R. and Maker, P., "Studies Using High Intensity Pulsed Laser Beams," SAE Technical Paper 640395, 1964, https://doi.org/10.4271/640395.
- Minck, R. W. “Optical Frequency Electrical Discharges in Gases,” J. Appl. Phys. (January 1964).
- Maker, P. D. Terhune, R. W. and Savage, C. M. “Optical Third Harmonic Generation,” to be published in the Proceedings of the Third International Quantum Electronics Conference.
- Runge, E. F. Minck, R. W. and Bryan, F. R. “Spectrochemical Analysis Using a Pulsed Laser Source,” to be published in Spectrochimica Acta.
- Terhune, R. W. “Nonlinear Optics,” Solid State Design, (November 1963).
- Minck, R. W. Terhune, R. W. and Rado, W. G. “Stimulated Raman Effects and Resonant Four Photon Interactions in Gases,” Appl. Phys. Letters, to be published.