This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Electrical and Diagnostic Aspects of Electrohydraulic and Magnetic Forming
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1964 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Both electrohydraulic and magnetic forming are discussed in detail. Pertinent data and comparisons of the exploding bridgewire type loads used in electrohydraulic forming versus the inductive coil loads associated with magnetic forming are provided, and appropriate mathematical relationships are noted. Specialized diagnostic techniques useful in both methods of forming are discussed. Examples of capabilities are shown.
|Technical Paper||Experimental and Numerical Approaches of Hemming: Application on Steel and Aluminum6016|
|Technical Paper||The Study of Roller Hemming Process for Aluminum Alloy via Finite Element Analysis and Experimental Investigations|
CitationSchwinghamer, R., "Electrical and Diagnostic Aspects of Electrohydraulic and Magnetic Forming," SAE Technical Paper 640002, 1964, https://doi.org/10.4271/640002.
- Kemp E. L. “Elements of Energy Storage Capacitor Banks,” Electrical Engineering September 1962
- Baker W. R. “High-Voltage, Low Inductance Switch for Mega-ampere Pulse Circuits,” Review of Scientific Instruments 30 8 August 1959
- Schwinghamer R. J. “Preliminary Evaluation of the Electric Discharge Forming System,” Report No. M-F& AEMTP-60-08, George C. Marshall Space Flight Center November 1960
- Chace W. G. Moore H. K. “Exploding Wires,” Plennum Press, Inc”. 1959
- Francis Howard J. “A Theory for a Plasma Used as a Source of Underwater Sound,” Electronic Acoustic Research Division of Emerson Electric Mfg. Co. Santa Barbara, Calif. July 1961
- NASA Contract NAS8-890 Republic Aircraft Final Report February 1962
- Cole Robert H. “Underwater Explosions,” Princeton, N.J. Princeton University Press, Inc 1959
- Furth H. P. Waniek R. W. “Production and Use of High Transient Magnetic Fields,” I, Review of Scientific Instruments 27 1959 195 203
- Furth H. P. Waniek R. W. “Production and Use of High Transient Magnetic Fields,” II, Review of Scientific Instruments 28 1957 949 958
- Simpson P. G. “Induction Heating - Coil and System Design.” New York McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc. 1960
- Herbert Bristol Dwight “Electrical Coils and Conductors.” New York McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc. 1945
- Schwinghamer R. J. “Magnetic Forming in Space,” Astronautics 7 September 1962