This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Jet Fuel Thermal Stability - Report of Group on High-Temperature Stability of Fuels for High-Performance Aircraft, Aviation Fuel, Lubricant, and Equipment Research Committee of the Coordinating Research Council, Inc.
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1962 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents, in broad terms, a historical background of the thermal stability problem, including the test equipment developed for research and quality control of thermal stability of aviation jet fuels, application of fuel cokers, and future aims of the Coordinating Research Council jet fuel thermal stability program.
CitationStone, C., "Jet Fuel Thermal Stability - Report of Group on High-Temperature Stability of Fuels for High-Performance Aircraft, Aviation Fuel, Lubricant, and Equipment Research Committee of the Coordinating Research Council, Inc.," SAE Technical Paper 620304, 1962, https://doi.org/10.4271/620304.
- Jonke and G. F. Nelson R. K. "High Temperature Stability of Jet Fuels." Pratt and Whitney, United Aircraft Corporation Report FL-55-13 Nov. 22 1955
- 'Investigation of Thermal Stability of Aviation Turbine Fuels with CFR Fuel Coker." CRC Report No. 310 July 1957
- Rogers, J. D. Jr "TurbineFuel Thermal Stability -- CFR Coker and Flight Evaluations." Paper presented at SAE National Aeronautic Meeting Oct. 1959
- "Final Report on Thermal Stability Performance of Six CRC Fuels as Determined in the CRC Research Fuel Coker." CRC Report 61-110 Aug. 28 1961
- "Fuel Thermal Stability Exchange Program." CRC Report No. 333 Sept. 1958
- Tentative Method of Test for Thermal Stability of Aviation Turbine Fuels, ASTM Designation D1660-61T ASTM Annual Meeting June 1961
- "The High-Temperature Research Fuel Coker." CRC Report LD-84 Oct. 1958
- "Final Report on Modified Coker Development Program." CRC Report 61-137 Dec. 1 1961
- "Development of Micro Fuel Coker Test." CRC Report 61-63 Sept. 1 1961
- Osterhout, D. P. Jr. "Fuels for the Supersonic Transport." SAE National Aerospace Engineering&Manufacturing Meeting Los Angeles October 1962