This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Engine Test for Predicting the Performance of Engine Lubricants in Most Severe Passenger Car Service
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1961 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
CitationBennett, P., Malone, G., and Murphy, C., "An Engine Test for Predicting the Performance of Engine Lubricants in Most Severe Passenger Car Service," SAE Technical Paper 610038, 1961, https://doi.org/10.4271/610038.
- Round G. A. “The New API System of Service Classifications,” Proceedings of American Petroleum Institute, Vol. 32, Division of Marketing, Section 32 1952 44
- “Engine Test Sequences for Evaluating Oils for Service MS,” Report of ASTM Subcommittee G-IV 1959
- “Method for Testing Crankcase Oils for Most Severe Service (MS),” GM 4477-P 1960
- “Engine Tests for Evaluating Crankcase Oils,” SAE Handbook 1960 228
- Bennett P. A. “Engine Rusting in Service and Dynamometer Tests,” Lubrication Engineering 16 Nov 1960 529
- “Oxidation Characteristics of Crankcase Lubricating Oils,” Method 3402, Federal Test Method Standard No. 791, Lubricants, Liquid Fuels, and Related Products; Methods of Testing General Services Administration Washington 25, D. C.
- Bennett P. A. “Some Observations Related to Engine Cam and Lifter Wear,” Proceedings of Engine Wear Symposium Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas May, 1958
- Pilger A.C., Jr. “Field Testing of Motor Oil and Gasoline” SAE Quarterly Transactions 2 1948 354
- Bennett P. A. Murphy C.K. Jackson M. W. Randall R. A. “Reduction of Air Pollution by Control of Emission from Automotive Crankcases,” SAE Transactions 68 1960 514
- Spent R. S. Wolfe C.L. Stevens D.R. “Nitrogen Oxides, Combustion, and Engine Deposits SAE Transactions 64 1956 797
- Stebar R. F. Wiese W.M. Everett R. L. “Engine Rumble -- A Barrier to Higher Compression Ratios? SAE Transactions 68 1960 206
- “Internal Combustion Engine Service Classifications SAE Handbook 1960 286
- Stebar F. Wiese W.M. Private Communications
- Bennett P. A. “A Look at the Effects of Lubricant Additives on Surfaces,” Presented at the SAE National Fuels and Lubricants Meeting Tulsa, Oklahoma, November 1958
- Mulit L. H. Kavanagh F. W. “Lubricating Oils for Internal Combustion Engines,” SAE Journal (Trans.) 48 March 1941 98