This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vehicle Suspensions USING
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1959 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
THIS paper describes the characteristics of helical coil springs, particularly the less expensive ones. Comparisons of energy storage in steel springs are made.
The author demonstrates the method of calculating normal coil spring load and the rate required for independent front wheel suspension.
The author describes the use of the coil spring suspension in a variety of vehicles. He thinks that the system will continue to be used on a great number of the cars, trucks, and buses of the future.
|Technical Paper||A Study of Crack Propagation Characteristic for Inner Belt-Layer in TBR Tire|
|Technical Paper||Independent Trailer Suspension Utilizing Unique ADI Bracket|
CitationTurkish, M., "Vehicle Suspensions USING
- Automotive Industries, Vol. 115 Oct. 15 1956 59 “Latest Vehicles Displayed at Britain's Commercial Motor Show,” Amos. W. S.
- Automobile Engineer, Vol. 45 January 1955 3 “London Transport Routemaster Bus.”
- Automobile Engineer, Vol. 45 January 1955 511 “Front Suspension.”
- 468 “The Automotive Chassis,” Heldt. P. M. Third Edition. Chilton Co. Philadelphia 1952
- SAE Quarterly Transactions Vol. 3 October 1949 571 581 “Comparing Fundamentals of Spring Suspensions,” Hendrickson. N. E.
- “Resume of Bus Suspensions,” Hirtreiter. A. B. Paper presented at SAE National Transportation Meeting New York October 1956
- SAE Journal, Vol. 29 March 1934 73 “Independent Wheel Suspension—Its Whys and Wherefores,” Olley. Maurice
- “Daimler-Benz Swing Axles,” Scherenburg H., Uhlenhaut, R. and Miller. J. Paper presented at SAE Annual Meeting Detroit January 1958
- SAE Transactions Vol. 54 1946 366 374 “Flexible or Spring Medium of Suspensions,” Schilling. R.
- “Manual on Design and Application of Leaf Springs.” SAE Special Publication No. 7.
- “Manual on Design and Application of Helical and Spiral Springs.” SAE Technical Report No. 9.
- “Observations of Various German Suspensions and Steering Gears,” Weider. R. L. Paper presented at SAE German Engineering Evaluation Meeting Detroit March 1946