This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vehicle Suspensions USING
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1959 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
THIS paper describes the characteristics of helical coil springs, particularly the less expensive ones. Comparisons of energy storage in steel springs are made.
The author demonstrates the method of calculating normal coil spring load and the rate required for independent front wheel suspension.
The author describes the use of the coil spring suspension in a variety of vehicles. He thinks that the system will continue to be used on a great number of the cars, trucks, and buses of the future.
|Technical Paper||A Study of Crack Propagation Characteristic for Inner Belt-Layer in TBR Tire|
|Technical Paper||Independent Trailer Suspension Utilizing Unique ADI Bracket|
|Technical Paper||GMC ASTRO AIRE REAR SUSPENSION|
CitationTurkish, M., "Vehicle Suspensions USING
- Automotive Industries, Vol. 115, Oct. 15, 1956, p. 59: “Latest Vehicles Displayed at Britain's Commercial Motor Show,” by Amos. W. S.
- Automobile Engineer, Vol. 45, January, 1955, pp. 3, 71, 545: “London Transport Routemaster Bus.”
- Automobile Engineer, Vol. 45, January, 1955, p. 511: “Front Suspension.”
- Pp. 468, 494, 542 of “The Automotive Chassis,” by Heldt. P. M. Third Edition. Pub. by Chilton Co., Philadelphia, 1952.
- SAE Quarterly Transactions, Vol. 3, October, 1949, pp. 571–581: “Comparing Fundamentals of Spring Suspensions,” by Hendrickson.N. E.
- “Resume of Bus Suspensions,” by Hirtreiter. A. B. Paper presented at SAE National Transportation Meeting, New York, October, 1956.
- SAE Journal, Vol. 29, March, 1934, p. 73: “Independent Wheel Suspension—Its Whys and Wherefores,” by Olley. Maurice
- “Daimler-Benz Swing Axles,” by Scherenburg H., Uhlenhaut, R. and Miller. J. Paper presented at SAE Annual Meeting, Detroit, January, 1958.
- SAE Transactions, Vol. 54, 1946, pp. 366–374: “Flexible or Spring Medium of Suspensions,” by Schilling. R.
- “Manual on Design and Application of Leaf Springs.” SAE Special Publication No. 7.
- “Manual on Design and Application of Helical and Spiral Springs.” SAE Technical Report No. 9.
- “Observations of Various German Suspensions and Steering Gears,” by Weider. R. L. Paper presented at SAE German Engineering Evaluation Meeting, Detroit, March, 1946.