This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Automotive Engineering: October 2023
- Magazine Issue
Published October 05, 2023 by SAE International in United States
- Hitting the comfort zone
Batteries and humans like to be at room temperature. Thermal-management systems make sure that happens - while maximizing efficiency.
- The first modern EV was…a Corvair?
Most industry experts cite GM's EV1 as the first EV of contemporary times. But the EV1 had a pioneering forerunner from decades prior.
- Magnet selection for cost- optimized motor designs
MQ1 Magnets are particularly suitable for demanding applications such as automotive accessories and home appliances.
A time-out for EVs and ADAS?
- Supplier Eye
'BEV-agnostic' systems require attention
- Volkswagen and partners pushing materials, EV charging innovations in Tennessee
- Our Next Energy's Gemini battery could bring 600-mile EVs by 2026
- Ford EV engineers 'Always On' for customer feedback
- Cadillac counts on 2025 Escalade IQ for EV sizzle
- Civic Type R becomes Honda's technology showcase
- Spotlight: Testing & analysis tools; data-acquisition tools
Managing the evolution of the EV charging standard.