This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SAE Truck & Off-Highway Engineering: February 2020
- Magazine Issue
Published February 01, 2020 by SAE International in United States
- ICE advances
Engine developers employ revised electronic architectures, mechanical tweaks to boost fuel efficiency, performance of internal-combustion engines.
- Autonomous construction sites
Equipment makers are testing the emerging technologies required to advance automation beyond individual machines.
- Modeling electric motors
How to develop a traction drive using a multiphysics-based approach with 3D modeling and simulation.
- Solving the "telehandler
Two-stage overcenter valves create stability in machines with highly dynamic loads.
- Engineering the world's fastest
JCB worked with design and engineering specialists to build a spectacular speed record-breaker that topped 150 mph.
ConExpo: Go big or go home
- Low-latency cameras, onboard computing combine to offer advanced operator assistance
- Cellular-key solution augments commercial-vehicle security
- Isuzu dual-fuel system simplifies fuel changeovers
- Prodrive, Volta Trucks develop electric truck for urban driving
- Freudenberg designs new seal to cut contamination, improve top-speed performance
- Self-driving trucks cut fuel consumption by 10%
- Volvo CE showcases 100-ton EC950F excavator, new hybrid assist that cuts fuel use by 15%
Parker takes electro-hydrostatic approach for electric machines