This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
Automotive Engineering: June 2020
- Magazine Issue
Published June 04, 2020 by SAE International in United States
- Tesla casts a new strategy for lightweight
The EV maker boldly invests in the world's largest aluminum die-casting machine to manufacture entire rear underbody structures.
- Steel the Real Deal
Steel's infinite recyclability will help it remain the auto industry's material of choice, insists Tata Steel Europe's CCO.
- Tesla's Cybertruck is audaciously
A proprietary 301-series stainless steel gives Tesla's first pickup truck unique sales attributes while saving tooling cost.
- Lightweight design beyond CAD
New computational tools enable an integrated data-fusion approach to complex, mixed-materials engineering. An expert from nTopology explains.
Impressions of a rocket launch
- SAE Standards News
New Cooperative Driving Automation standard provides clarity to support advancement of full automation
- Supplier Eye
Now comes product-cadence chaos
- What We're Driving
- Can CHAdeMO 3.0 standardize global EV quick-charging?
- Cummins and Tula test 'dynamic' cylinder deactivation for diesels
- Customization drives new Porsche paint process
Paul Platte discusses Covestro's new polycarbonate solutions