This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
Aerospace & Defense Technology: October 2020
- Magazine Issue
Published October 01, 2020 by SAE International in United States
- The Role of Autonomous Unmanned Ground Vehicle Technologies in Defense Applications
- Information Warfare - Staying Protected at the Edge
- Designing Connectivity Solutions for an Electric Aircraft Future
- Redesigning the Systems Engineering Process to Speed Development of E-Propulsion Aircraft
- Four RF Technology Trends You Need to Know for Satellite Communication Device Design
- Manufacturer Reduces Risk and Improves Quality of Military Radar Receivers
- Instrumentation for Fabrication and Testing of
High-Speed Single-Rotor and Compound-Rotor Systems
Precision data acquisition is required to generate a comprehensive set of measurements of the blade surface pressures, pitch link loads, hub loads, rotor wakes and performance of high-speed single-rotor and compound-rotor systems to support the development of next-generation rotorcraft.
- Collection, Processing, and Accuracy of Mobile
Terrestrial LiDAR Survey Data in the Coastal
Using terrestrial LiDAR scanners coupled with a global position system/inertial navigation system to collect elevation data along the coast can help assess the accuracy of the data.
- Analysis of Broadband Metamaterial Shielding for
Counter-Directed Energy Weapons
Given the importance of electronics in modern warfare, the ability to rapidly develop a counter to such weapons, such as microwave-absorbent metamaterials, will be essential to sustaining military operations.
- Data Collection Using the MetalMapper in Dynamic Data
Acquisition and Cued Modes
Safely locating, identifying and recovering buried munitions on practice and test ranges is critical to the U.S. Department of Defense's mission and its goals of safe operation, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
- Exploring the Impact of Fuel Data Acquisition
Technology on the USMC Expeditionary Energy Command and Control
Understanding how delays in resource decision making and tactical supply chains relate to operational reach will give commanders the ability to maximize resources and improve performance.