This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Noise of Hydraulic Mounts from Decoupler-Cage Hitting
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 08, 2023 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, the influence of the decoupler-cage structure on the hitting noise of the hydraulic mount is studied, the abnormal noise of the hydraulic mount is mainly caused by the collision impact between the decoupler and the cage, the hitting noise was simulated and evaluated using calculation and experiment. a finite element model of the collision impact between the decoupler and the cage is developed, and an explicit finite element analysis is performed to obtain the time history of the vibration acceleration of the model, which is used as the boundary condition of the noise analysis. The acoustic boundary element method is used to analyze the impact noise of the decoupler-cage, and the frequency domain distribution characteristics of the impact sound pressure are obtained. The influence of different decoupler structure on the hitting noise is studied, and the recommended values for each parameter for a structure are given. The structure of a decoupler with hitting noise is improved, and the design is validated to solve the problem of abnormal noise of the hydraulic mount.
CitationZong, K., Zhao, K., Shen, D., Tu, X. et al., "Analysis of Noise of Hydraulic Mounts from Decoupler-Cage Hitting," SAE Technical Paper 2023-01-1151, 2023, https://doi.org/10.4271/2023-01-1151.
- Wu , J. and Shangguan , W. Dynamic Optimization for Vibration Systems Including Hydraulic Engine Mounts Journal of Vibration and Control 16 11 2010 1577 1590 10.1177/1077546309102680
- Watzl , S. , Gauterin , F. , and Pfaefflin , B. High Frequency Model Describing the Noise Transfer Behaviour of Automotive Hydraulic Engine Mounts International Journal of Vehicle Noise and Vibration 13 1 2017 38 51 10.1504/IJVNV.2017.086024
- Zhou , D. , Zuo , S. , and Wu , X. A Lumped Parameter Model Concerning the Amplitude-Dependent Characteristics for the Hydraulic Engine Mount with A Suspended Decoupler SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0936 2019 https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0936
- Li , Y. , Jiang , J. , and Neild , S. Optimal Fluid Passageway Design Methodology for Hydraulic Engine Mounts Considering Both Low and High Frequency Performances Journal of Vibration and Control 25 21-22 2019 2749 2757 10.1177/1077546319870036
- Verma , P. , Chatterjee , J. , Bhadani , P. , and Ghosh , C. Design Optimization of Engine Mount De-Coupler for Cabin Noise Refinement in Passenger Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0199 2019 https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0199
- Singh , V. , Seenivasan , G. , Gupta , G. , and Agrawal , A. Improving Rough Road NVH by Hydraulic Mount Design Optimization SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0422 2020 https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0422
- Powell , J. 2015
- Ghosh , C. , Parmar , A. , and Chatterjee , J. Challenges of Hydraulic Engine Mount Development for NVH Refinement SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0681 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0681
- Chokshi , K. , and Ghoneim , H. 2017 10.1115/IMECE2017-70189
- Fallahi , F. , Shabani , R. , Rezazadeh , G. , and Tariverdilo , S. A Modified Design for Hydraulic Engine Mount to Improve its Vibrational Performance Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers 235 23 2021 6724 6736 10.1177/09544062211000081
- Yang , M. , Deng , X. , and Chen , P. The Research on Forward Design Method of Engine-Mount Noise Automotive Practical Technology 9 2020 109 112
- Wang , Z. , Zhen , R. , Li , R. , and Shangguan , W. Modeling and Testing Analysis Method of Noise of Hydraulic Engine Mount SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0662 2021 https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0662
- Li , Y. , Chen , T. , Wang , X. , Yu , K. et al. Theoretical Analysis and Numerical Simulation for Impact Noise Due to Collision of Two Cylinders Journal of Vibration and Shock 33 15 2014 6 10.13465/j.cnki.jvs.2014.15.028
- Mirmahdi , E. and Pour , M. Modeling and Acoustic Analysis of Noise Vibration in Automotive Gearbox by Non-destructive Testing Journal of Experimental & Applied Mechanics 3 11 2020 54 63
- Ding , F. , Zhang , L. , Yang , W. , An , Y. et al. Rolling Numerical Simulation of Full-Plastic Tire with Wheel Spoke Plastic 47 4 2018 86 89 0.2018-04-022
- Banz , L. , Gimperlein , H. , Nezhi , Z. , and Stephan , E. Time Domain BEM for Sound Radiation of Tires Computational Mechanics 58 1 2016 45 57 10.1007/s00466-016-1281-3
- Jiao , R. , Nguyen , V. , and Zhang , J. Acoustic–Structure Modeling and Analysis of An Engineering Machinery Cab Based on the Hybrid Method and Experimental Investigations Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering 42 4 2020 1 8 10.1007/s40430-020-2252-3