This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Validation of Stator Modes of a Hairpin Motor
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 08, 2023 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the trend of electric drive unit gradually replacing ICE powertrain, in additional to gear noise, the motor noise has become a new major NVH challenge. These tonal noises are easier to be detected in the pure electric vehicle that has no masking effect of ICE powertrain. Therefore, how to accurately predict and reduce the motor noise is a key to solve the problem. The accuracy of calculated motor stator modes determines the accuracy of motor noise prediction. This paper presents a simulation method based on the finite element model and defined orthotropic material properties of the stator. The material property parameters of the stator core and hairpin windings are reverse-engineered through iterative correlations to test data. High accuracy FEA model is achieved that can determine the stator mode shapes and frequencies of this hairpin motor accurately, which provides a reliable and effective approach for the motor noise prediction and optimization studies.
CitationZhang, F., Ba, J., and Sun, Z., "Simulation and Validation of Stator Modes of a Hairpin Motor," SAE Technical Paper 2023-01-1074, 2023, https://doi.org/10.4271/2023-01-1074.
- Wei , Y. , Han , X. , Lu , L. , Wang , H. et al. Technology Prospects of Carbon Neutrality-oriented New-energy Vehicles and Vehicle-grid Interaction Journal of Automotive Engineering 44 4 2022 449 464
- Sun , Z. , Steyer , G. , and Ley , J. Geartrain Noise Optimization in an Electrical Drive Unit SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2365 2015 https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2365
- Goetchius , G. Leading the Charge - The Future of Electric Vehicle Noise Control Journal of Sound and Vibration 2011 5 6
- Han , W. , Jia , Q. , and Qiu , J. Vibration and Modal Analysis for Stator of an Induction Motor Journal of Vibration and Shock 31 17 2012 91 94
- Guo , X. , Zhong , R. , Ding , D. et al. Fast Computation of Radial Vibration in Switched Reluctance Motors IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 65 6 2018 4588 4598
- Arabi , S. , Steyer , G. , Sun , Z. , and Nyquist , J. Vibro -Acoustic Response Analysis of Electric Motor SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1850 2017 https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1850