This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characterization of Vertical Dynamics of a Multi-Purpose Tractor with Static and Dynamic Experimental Tests
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2023 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Multi-purpose agricultural tractors are vehicles that are usually used in rough paths and on off-road situations characterized by strong slope variations. The main feature of this kind of vehicles is the stability in working conditions to avoid overturning while it is on duty. This characteristic is given by the interaction between the suspension system and the vehicle frame. Due to the limited size of this kind of vehicle, the stability feature could be given by chassis deformation or using a two-piece frame connected by a spherical joint. This paper presents the validation of a numerical lumped-parameters model able to reproduce the vertical dynamics of a multi-purpose tractor featured by a yielding chassis. The unknown model parameters have been estimated firstly with static tests to study the vertical tire and suspension stiffnesses. The dynamic tests using a four-post-test rig have been performed to tune the unknown dynamic parameters. Finally, the model has been validated with some in-field acquisition to reproduce the real vehicle working conditions.
CitationBelloni, M., Vignati, M., Sabbioni, E., and Cutini, M., "Characterization of Vertical Dynamics of a Multi-Purpose Tractor with Static and Dynamic Experimental Tests," SAE Technical Paper 2023-01-0177, 2023, https://doi.org/10.4271/2023-01-0177.
- Decker , M. and Savaidis , G. Measurement and Analysis of Wheel Loads for Design and Fatigue Evaluation of Vhicle Chassis Components Fatigue Fract. Eng Mater. Struct. 25 2002 1103 1119
- Lethonen , T.J. and Juhala , M. Predicting the Ride Behavior of a Suspended Agricultural Tractor International Journal Heavy Vehicle System 1 2005 131 142
- Lehtonen , T.J. Validation of an Agricultural MBS Model International Journal Heavy Vehicle System 12 2005 16 27
- Tung , N.T. , van Huong , V. , Kiet , P.T. Experimental Research on Determining the Vertical Tyre Force of a Tractor Semi-Trailer 2020 International Journal of Modern Physics B 34 10.1142/S0217979220401633
- Durmanov , M.Y. , Martynov , B.G. , and Spiridonov , S.V. 2020
- Li , C. , Li , X.-H. , Zhou , W. , and Zhang , H.-W. Effect of Load Transfer of Tractor-Semitrailer on Cornering Braking Stability Jiaotong Yunshu Gongcheng Xuebao/Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering 14 2 2014 68 74
- Negrini , S. , Sabbioni , E. , Braghin , F. , and Melzi , S. Numerical Investigation of the Vertical Dynamics of an Agricultural Vehicle Operating on Deformable Soil SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0764 2012 10.4271/2012-01-0764
- Mastinu , G. , Gobbi , M. , Previati , G. , and Ribaldone , M. Advances in Farm Tractor Modelling and Simulation American Society of Mechanical Engineers Design Engineering Division (Publication) DE 116 1 2003 237 247
- Tan , B. , Xie , Q. , Zheng , M. , Zhang , B. et al. Modeling and Experiment of a Heavy-Duty Truck with an Improved Maxwell-Slip Model and Iterated Improved Reduction System Method SAE Int. J. Veh.Dyn., Stab., and NVH 4 1 19 36 2020 10.4271/10-04-01-0002
- Sams , T. The Effect of Structural Damping Foam on Tire Vibration SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH 4 2 83 96 2020 10.4271/10-04-02-0006
- Kim , K.U. and Rehkugler , G.E. A Review of Tractor Dynamics and Stability Transactions of the ASAE 30 3 1987 615 0623
- Braghin , F. , Cheli , F. , Genoese , A. , Sabbioni , E. 2009, February
- ISO 789-6:2019
- Cheli , F. , and Sabbioni , E. 2007
- Bendat , J.S. and Piersol , A.G. Engineering Applications of Correlation and Spectral Analysis John Wiley & Sons
- Cutini , M. , Deboli , R. , Calvo , A. , Preti , C. et al. Ground Soil Input Characteristics Determining Agricultural Tractor Dynamics Applied Engineering in Agriculture 33 4 2017 509
- ENI EN 13059 2008