This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Intelligent Charging Strategy of Lithium Battery Based on Temperature Change
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 31, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to solve the problems of high temperature, large temperature change, and even thermal runaway in the fast charging of electric vehicle lithium battery, an intelligent charging strategy of electric vehicle lithium battery is proposed. According to the charging characteristics of the lithium battery, an intelligent charging strategy based on the reflex fast charging strategy is proposed. The pulse discharge experiment of the 18650 lithium battery was carried out to determine the battery parameters, and the electric thermal coupling model was modeled in Simulink for simulation. The simulation results show that the intelligent charging strategy can significantly reduce the charging temperature rise, reduce the temperature change, and increase the charging time slightly. Besides, the physical experiment of the intelligent charging strategy shows that the battery temperature change of the intelligent charging strategy meets the simulation expectation in 0~2200s, which proves that the charging strategy is effective and feasible.
CitationGuo, J. and Wang, X., "An Intelligent Charging Strategy of Lithium Battery Based on Temperature Change," SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-7013, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-7013.
- Jiang , L. et al. Optimization of Multi-Stage Constant Current Charging Pattern Based on Taguchi Method for Li-Ion Battery Applied Energy 259 2020
- Ji , D. , Chen , L. , Ma , T. , Wang , J. et al. Research on Adaptability of Charging Strategy for Electric Vehicle Power Battery Journal of Power Sources 437 2019 226911
- Chen-hu , Y. , Hai-jie , L.I. , Sui , W. , Liang , L.U. et al. Research of Four-Stage Intelligent Charging Way for Lithium Battery Chinese Journal of Power Sources 43 3 2019 402 414
- Yao , L. and Wang , Z. A Research on the Charging Protocols of Lithium-Ion Traction Battery Automotive Engineering 1 2015 72 77
- Yan-wen-xin , L. and Xiao-jun , T.A.N. Study on Pulse Charging of Lithium Ion Power Batteries with NCM Cathode Chinese Journal of Power Sources 43 5 2019 772 774
- Hui-yuan , X. , Qun , X. , and Bing , C.A.O. Multi-Stage Positive and Negative Pulse Charging Method on Lithium Battery Chinese Journal of Power Sources 43 8 2019 1286 1288
- Zhang , S.S. The Effect of the Charging Protocol on the Cycle Life of a Li-Ion Battery Journal of Power Sources 161 2 2006
- Xie , W. , Liu , X. , He , R. , Li , Y. et al. Challenges and Opportunities Toward Fast-Charging of Lithium-Ion Batteries The Journal of Energy Storage 32 6 2020 101837
- Li , Y. , Feng , X. , Ren , D. , Ouyang , M. et al. Thermal Runaway Triggered by Plated Lithium on the Anode after Fast Charging ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 11 50 2019
- Piao , G.O.U. , Jun , X.U. , Xiaoyan , L.I.U. , Haitao , W. et al. Experimental Research on Modular Thermal Management System of Lithium Batteries for Electric Vehicles Journal of Xi’an Jiaotong University 53 12 2019 104 110
- Panchal , S. , Mathew , M. , Fraser , R. , and Fowler , M. Electrochemical Thermal Modeling and Experimental Measurements of 18650 Cylindrical Lithium-Ion Battery during Discharge Cycle for an EV Applied Thermal Engineering 135 2018
- Li-peng , C. , Yang , X. , and Ling-ling , L.I. Study on Equivalent Circuit Model and Parameter Identification Method of Lithium-Ion Battery Electric Age 2 2017 85 87
- Yang , D. and Lou , J. Study on Parameters of Lithium Battery Internal Resistance Computer Measurement & Control 26 4 2018 139 142
- Liyu , Z. et al. Experimental Research on the Correlation of Lithium-Ion Battery Performance with Temperature Condition Journal of Xi’an Jiaotong University 52 5 2018 133 141
- Hui-yuan , X. , Zi-qing , G.U.O. , Feng , Y. , and Shu-jun , L.I. Temperature Field Modeling and Simulation of 18650 Power Battery Based on Dynamic Thermogenesis Model Chinese Journal of Power Sources 44 2 2020 176 179