This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Economic Velocity Planning and Gear Decision of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Car Passing through the Bend
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 31, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Based on the information of the bend ahead which obtained through V2X, high-definition map (HD Map), vehicle positioning or other technologies, the velocity planning and online gear decision method are explored with the actual driving state of a P2 configuration plug-in hybrid electric car when it crosses the bend, to achieve better energy economy while ensuring the driving safety. In this paper, firstly, according to the basic characteristics of the hybrid car, a simplified simulation model is built in MATLAB / Simulink to provide a verification platform for the research. Subsequently, the calculation method of safety speed in bends is established by considering the driver factor and the critical conditions when the vehicle rolls over, sideslip or oversteer. Then, according to the information of the bend ahead, the safety speed, and the general situation when vehicles cross the bend, the whole process is divided into three stages of deceleration before entering the bend, uniform velocity in the bend, and acceleration after leaving the bend. The economic velocity planning is carried out respectively in each stage and the effectiveness of the results is verified by simulation. Finally, according to the planned economic velocity, the online gear decision method based on Model Predictive Control (MPC) is proposed, and the simulation is completed in a self-defined bend scene. The results show that compared with the traditional gear shift map, the MPC gear decision method can reduce the equivalent fuel consumption by 27.64% and 22.63% separately when the initial SOC is 35% and 45%.
CitationXiao, M. and Zhao, Z., "Economic Velocity Planning and Gear Decision of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Car Passing through the Bend," SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-7011, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-7011.
- Schori , M. , Boehme , T.J. , Frank , B. , and Lampe , B.P. Optimal Calibration of Map-Based Energy Management for Plug-In Parallel Hybrid Configurations: A Hybrid Optimal Control Approach IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 64 9 2014 3897 3907 10.1109/TVT.2014.2363877
- Tie , S.F. and Tan , C.W. A Review of Energy Sources and Energy Management System in Electric Vehicles Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 20 2013 82 102 10.1016/j.rser.2012.11.077
- Cong , X.Y. , Wang , Z.C. , and Cheng , J. Self-Adaptive Curve Gear-Shifting Strategy for Automatic Transmission Vehicles Journal of Zhejiang University 50 8 2016 1570 1577 10.3785/j.issn.1008-973X.2016.08.020
- Bastian , A. , Tano , S. , Oyama , T. , and Arnould , T. FATE: Fuzzy Logic Automatic Transmission Expert System Proceedings of 1995 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems Yokohama, Japan 1995 10.1109/FUZZY.1995.410015
- Nelles , O. A Learning Driving Strategy for Automated Transmissions SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0534 2003 https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0534
- Fofana , A. , Haas , O. , Ersanilli , V. , Burnham , K. et al. Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm for an Automatic Transmission Gear Shift Map IFAC-PapersOnLine 49 3 2016 123 128 10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.07.021
- Sangeetha , R.T. , Shankar , V. , Bose , A. , and Jayaraman , B. A Unique Approach to Optimize the Gear-Shift Map of a Compact SUV to Improve FE and Performance SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0969 2020 https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0969
- Li , G. and Görges , D. Fuel-Efficient Gear Shift and Power Split Strategy for Parallel HEVs Based on Heuristic Dynamic Programming and Neural Networks IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 68 10 2019 9519 9528 10.1109/TVT.2019.2927751
- Wei-qing , Y.A.N. and Han , Z.H.A.O. Economic Shift Strategy for Pure Electric Vehicle Based on SVM Journal of Hefei University of Technology (Natural Science) 39 4 2016 451 456 10.3969/j.issn.1003-5060.2016.04.004
- Eckert , J.J. , Santiciolli , F.M. , Yamashita , R.Y. , Corrêa , F.C. et al. Fuzzy Gear Shifting Control Optimisation to Improve Vehicle Performance, Fuel Consumption and Engine Emissions IET Control Theory & Applications 13 16 2019 2658 2669 10.1049/iet-cta.2018.6272
- Ngo , D.V. 2012
- Zhang , F. , Hu , X. , Liu , T. , Xu , K. et al. Computationally Efficient Energy Management for Hybrid Electric Vehicles Using Model Predictive Control and Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 70 1 2020 237 250 10.1109/TVT.2020.3045271
- Guo , L. , Gao , B. , Liu , Q. , Tang , J. et al. On-Line Optimal Control of the Gearshift Command for Multispeed Electric Vehicles IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 22 4 2017 1519 1530 10.1109/TMECH.2017.2716340
- Pacejka , H.B. Simplified Analysis of Steady-State Turning Behaviour of Motor Vehicles. Part 1: Handling Diagrams of Simple Systems Vehicle System Dynamics 2 3 1973 161 172 10.1080/00423117308968439
- Pacejka , H.B. Simplified Analysis of Steady-State Turning Behaviour of Motor Vehicles Part 2: Stability of the Steady-State Turn Vehicle System Dynamics 2 4 1973 173 183 10.1080/00423117308968440
- Chuan , S.U.N. , Chaozhong , W.U. , and Duanfeng , C.H.U. Improved Model Study of Safety Speed Calculation in Curves China Journal of Highway and Transport 28 8 2015 101 108 10.19721/j.cnki.1001-7372.2015.08.013