This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Smart Cockpit Development Trend and Smartphone-Head Unit Relationship
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 31, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Smart vehicles have become an important development direction of the transformation and upgrading of the automotive industry. Highly intelligent smart vehicles can free human drivers from driving tasks, endowing cars with the mobility and instrument properties. Smart cockpits integrate the media for interactions between humans and environments inside and outside cars. This paper has explored the components of smart cockpits, sorted out three development stages of smart cockpits from such three dimensions as man, car and environment, analyzed the characteristics of the second development stage (Stage 2.0), and illustrated the necessity of the competition between smartphones and head units at the second stage. Based on the comparison of merits and demerits between smartphones and head units, this paper has proposed three principles for an ideal division of duties of smartphones and head units. Finally, this paper has also laid out a design idea for developing an architecture that can integrate smartphones and head units, which can build interconnectivity between software and hardware, and realize sharing of ecosystems.
CitationZhao, F., Tan, H., Hao, H., and Liu, Z., "Smart Cockpit Development Trend and Smartphone-Head Unit Relationship," SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-7004, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-7004.
- The Strategic Advisory Committee of Technology Roadmap for Energy Saving and New Energy Vehicles, and SAE-China. Technology Roadmap for Energy Saving and New Energy Vehicles 2.0 Beijing China Machine Press 2016
- Fuquan , Z. , Kuang , X. , and Zongwei , L. Research on Upgrading of the Automotive Industry Towards the Intelligent-Connected Automotive Industry from the Perspective of Value Chains[J] Sci Techy Prog Poli 33 17 2016 56 61
- Zhao , F. , Tan , H. , Liu , Z.
- Liu , Z. Zhang , B. , and Zhao , F. Strategic Value, Impacts, and Application Prospect of Big Data in Automotive Industry [J] Chinese Journal of Automotive Engineering 2019 9 4 235 242
- Egovnik , T. , Stojmenova , K. , Tartalja , I. et al. Evaluation of Different Interface Designs for Human-Machine Interaction in Vehicles[J] Multimedia Tools and Applications 79 3 2020
- Shaotran , E. , Cruz , J.J. , Reddi , V.J.
- Han , S. , Kong , Y. , Lei , Z. , et al. Evaluation Method of Human-Vehicle Tactile Interaction Experience Based on EEG[C] 2020 12th International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC) IEEE 2020 2 75 78
- Wei , C. , Wang , Z. , and Fu , S. Usability Evaluation of Car Cockpit Based on Multiple Objective Measures 17th Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics. Cognition and Design 2020
- Bengler , K. , Rettenmaier , M. , Fritz , N. et al. From HMI to HMIs: Towards an HMI Framework for Automated Driving[J] Information 11 2 2020 61
- Hijaz , A. , Louie , W. , Bellafaire , M. , Rawashdeh , O. et al. Driver Visual Focus of Attention Estimation in Autonomous Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1037 2020 https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1037
- Jiménez F. Driver Monitoring for a Driver-Centered Design and Assessment of a Merging Assistance System Based on V2V Communications[J] Sensors 2020 20 19 5582
- Yang , H. , Wang , Y. , and Jia , R. Dimensional Evolution of Intelligent Cars Human-Machine Interface considering Take-Over Performance and Drivers' Perception on Urban Roads[J] Complexity 2020
- Wang , W. , Zhang , B. , Fu , M. et al. Research on Human-Machine Interface Design of Exterior Screen of Driverless Delivery Car Journal of Graphics. 41 3 2020 335 341
- Liu , J. , Zhao , X. , and Cao , Y. Research on Innovative Vehicle Human-Machine Interaction System and Interface Level Design[C] International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction Springer Cham 2020 352 362
- Gao , H. , Li , B. , and Han , T. User Experience Research on the Human-Computer Interaction System of Connected Car[C] International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics Springer Cham 2019 672 683
- Yang , H. , Zhao , Y. , and Wang , Y. Identifying Modeling Forms of Instrument Panel System in Intelligent Shared Cars: A Study for Perceptual Preference and In-Vehicle Behaviors[J] Environmental Science and Pollution Research 27 1 2020 1009 1023
- Chandupatla , S. , Yerram , N. , and Achuthan , B. Augmented Reality Projection for Driver Assistance in Autonomous Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1035 2020 https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1035
- Yang , L. , Bian , Y. , Zhao , X. et al. Drivers’ Acceptance of Mobile Navigation Applications: An Extended Technology Acceptance Model Considering Drivers’ Sense of Direction, Navigation Application Affinity and Distraction Perception[J] International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 145 2021 102507