This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Novel Analytical Approach Using TOF-SIMS for Imaging the Distributed States of Constituent Components in Friction Materials
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 19, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Friction materials are consisted of mixed organic and inorganic raw materials to achieve aimed brake performance and physical properties. In order to manufacture friction materials with stable quality, it is desired that these raw materials are uniformly dispersed, and at the same time it is important to understand the state of distribution during material developments. However, it is difficult for visualizing the dispersion of organic materials, and there are few reports of effective methods. In this study, a use of TOF-SIMS is established as a novel analytical approach for imaging the distributed states of constituent components in friction materials.
CitationKurimoto, K., Shishido, Y., Shimada, W., and Yaguchi, M., "A Novel Analytical Approach Using TOF-SIMS for Imaging the Distributed States of Constituent Components in Friction Materials," SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-1162, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-1162.
- Keith , T. Large-Area Quantitative Phase Mapping in the Scanning Electron Microscope Microscopy Today 25 2017 36 45
- Ozeki , S. Method for Analyzing Phenol Resin
- Imamura , R. Carbonization and Graphitization Behavior of Phosphorus-incorporated Phenolic Resin Creative 1 2000 27 35
- Fujii , M. Recent Progress of Organic-Material Analysis with SIMS Apparatus J. Mass Spectrom. Soc. Jpn. 65 2017 72 75
- Hoshi , T. Recent Developments in Time of Flight SIMS Journal of the Adhesion Society of Japan 44 2008 40 46
- Sanada , N. Recent Progress of Surface Analysis (AES, XPS, and TOF-SIMS) and Their Application to Corrosion Analysis Zairyo-to-Kankyo . 64 2015 388 392
- Iida , S. , Gregory , L.F. , and Miyayama , T. Surface Analysis of Polymer Materials by TOF-SIMS Equipped with Tandem MS bunseki 2 2018 52 57