This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Active Brake Wheel Cylinder Pressure Control Based On Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 29, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the development of the automobile industry, the requirements of quick response and high performance are put forward for the brake system. Since the traditional brake system cannot achieve these, the international brake parts manufacturers put forward an integrated electro-hydraulic brake system -the 1-Box. It can realize active brake through the servo motor. In addition, by controlling the pressure of the servo cylinder and working with solenoid valves, the wheel cylinder pressure can be controlled. However, it has some problems, such as hydraulic hysteresis disturbance and complex friction obstruction, which cause obstacles to the accurate control of wheel cylinder pressure. In this paper, the active braking pressure control strategy of wheel cylinders is designed based on 1-Box. First, introduce the configuration and the working principle of wheel cylinder pressure control; Next, design the servo cylinder active braking pressure control strategy composed of servo loop and pressure loop. The servo loop has completed the closed loop of the servo position control, which overcomes complicated friction configurations. The pressure loop consists of a feedforward controller and a closed-loop feedback controller to overcome the problems of hydraulic hysteresis; Then, the rate of pressure increase/reduction of inlet and outlet valves is calibrated based on the hardware-in-the-loop test bench. And a combined control strategy of wheel cylinder pressure is designed, which can realize single wheel pressure regulation and multi-wheel pressure regulation. Finally, the algorithm is tested by hardware-in-the-loop test bench. The results show that the wheel cylinder pressure control strategy designed in this paper can achieve good wheel cylinder pressure control effect of 1-Box.
- Jian Zhang - China FAW Group Co Ltd
- Linrun Li - China FAW Group Co Ltd
- Hongwei Jiang - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Qiuzheng Liu - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Yu Wang - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Wenjian Yuan - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Jian Wu - Jilin University of China
- Xuhan Zhang - Jilin University of China
- Zhicheng Chen - Jilin University of China
CitationZhang, J., Li, L., Jiang, H., Liu, Q. et al., "Active Brake Wheel Cylinder Pressure Control Based On Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System," SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-0293, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-0293.
- Zhang , H.S. , Wu , X.X. , and Yang , Z.H. Research on Brake by Wire Technology of Vehicle Automobile Applied Technology 23 2019 52 54
- Clarke , P. , Muneer , T. , and Culinane , K. Cutting Vehicle Emissions with Regenerative Braking Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 15 3 2010 160 167
- Gerla , M. , Lee , E.K. , Paul , G. et al. Internet of Vehicles: from Intelligent Gird to Autonomous Cars and Vehicular Clouds IEEE World Forum on Internet if Things (WF-IoT) 2014 241 246
- Finn , A. and Scheding , S. Developments and Challenges for Autonomous Unmanned Vehicles Berlin Springer-Verlag 2012
- Wang , H.T. , Wang , F. , and Ye , Z.J. Research and Analysis on the Key Technology of Automotive Brake-by-Wire System Modern Information Technology 3 9 2019 155 157
- Lu , J.J. 2020
- Reuter , D.F. , Lloyd , E.W. , Zehnder , J.W. et al. Hydraulic Design Considerations for EHB System SAE, 2003-01-0324 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0324
- Todeschini , F. , Formentin , S. , and Panzani , G. Deadzone Compensation and Anti-Windup Design for Brake-by-Wire Systems 2014 American Control Conference 2014
- de Castr , R. , Todeschini , F. , Araú , R.E. et al. Adaptive-Robust Friction Compensation in a Hybrid Brake-by-Wire Actuator Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering 2014 228 10 769 786
- Ohkubo , N. , Matsushita , S. , Ueno , M. et al. Application of Electric Servo Brake System to Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars -Electronic and Electrical Systems 6 1 2013 255 260
- ShangGuan , W.L. , Jiang , T.Q. , Jiang , K.H. et al. Modeling and Presure Control of Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Transactions of Beijing Institute of Technology 39 04 2019 413 418
- Yu , Z.P. , Han , W. , Xiong , L. et al. Hydraulic Pressure Control System of Integrated-Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Based on Byrnes-Isidori Normalized Form Journal of Mechanical Engineering 52 22 2016 92 100
- Yu , Z.P. , Xu , S.Y. , Xiong , L. et al. Robustness Hydraulic Pressure Control System of Integrated-Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Journal of Mechanical Engineering 51 16 2015 22 28
- Zhao , H.T. 2011
- Li , L. , Song , J. , Han , Z.Q. et al. Hydraulic Model and Inverse Model for Electronic Stability Program Online Control System Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 02 2008 139 144