This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Modal Analysis Study on Graphene Filled SBR
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Rubbers are widely used in many engineering applications such as tubes, timing belt, tires etc. Apart from its functional use, it can also be used as damping material in many applications in order to dampen the vibrations transmitted from one structure to another. The present research work focuses on the development of Graphene filled (CB) Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR) and its performances are compared with Carbon Black (CB) filled SBR. Both of these rubber samples were investigated for its mechanical properties such as hardness and tensile strength. Experimental modal analysis (EMA) was also carried out to examine the dynamic characteristics such as damping and natural frequency along with its mode shapes for the prepared samples and compared. It is observed from the results that the inclusion of graphene in SBR improved its vibrational characteristics in addition to the improvement of mechanical properties.
CitationNatarajan, R., S, R., C, S., and Manohar, D., "Experimental Modal Analysis Study on Graphene Filled SBR," SAE Technical Paper 2021-28-0225, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-28-0225.
- Walunj , P.S. , Chouguleb , V.N. , and Anirban Mitra , C. Investigation on Modal Parameters of Rectangular Cantilever Beam using Experimental Modal Analysis 4th International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization, Materials Today: Proceedings 2 2121 2130 2015
- Girish , B.M. , Prakash , K.R. , Satish , B.M. , Jain , P.K. et al. An Investigation into the Effects of Graphite Particles on the Damping Behaviour of ZA-27 Alloy Composite Material Materials and Design 32 2011 1050 1056
- Liu , Z. and Zhang , Y. Enhanced Mechanical and Thermal Properties of SBR Composites by Introducing Graphene Oxide Nanosheets Decorated with Silica Particles Composites: Part A S1359-835X 17 2017 30304 30304
- Xue , X. , Yin , Q. , Jia , H. , Zhang , X. et al. Enhancing Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Styrene-Butadiene Rubber/Carboxylated Acrylo Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Blend by the Usage of Graphene Oxide with Diverse Oxidation Degrees Applied Surface Science S0169-4332 17 31855 X
- Ha , M.C.G. and Ahmeda , K.S. Evaluation of Natural Frequencies and Damping Ratios of Coconut Shell Particles Reinforced Epoxy Composites Materials Today: Proceedings 5 2018 16199 16205
- Hosseini Farrash , S.M. , Shariati , M. , and Rezaeepazhand , J. The Effect of Carbonnanotube Dispersion on the Dynamic Characteristics of Unidirectional Hybrid Composites: An Experimental Approach Composites Part B S1359-8368 16 2017 32432 32435
- Khimi , S.R. and Pickering , K.L. Comparison of Dynamic Properties of Magneto Rheological Elastomers with Existing Anti Vibration Rubbers Composites Part B S1359-8368 15 2015 00463 00461
- Pan , P. , Shen , S. , Shen , Z. , and Gong , R. Experimental Investigation on the Effectiveness of Laminated Rubber Bearings to Isolate Metro Generated Vibration Measurement S0263-2241 17 2017 30453 30450
- Salim , M.A. , Mansor , M.R. , MdFadzullah , S.H.S. , and Omar , G. Modelling Estimation and Performance Evaluation for Vibration Isolator Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering 10.1016/B978-0-12-803581-8.10531-4
- Suzukia , N. , Itoa , M. , and Yatsuyanagib , F. Effects of Rubber/Filler Interactions on Deformation Behavior of Silica Filled SBR Systems Polymer 46 2005 193 201
- Mostafa , A. , Abouel-Kasem , M.R. , and El-Sebaie , B.M.G. Insight into the Effect of CB Loading on Tension, Compression, Hardness and Abrasion properties of SBR and NBR Filled Compounds Materials and Design 30 2009 1785 1791
- Zhou , X. , Zhu , Y. , Gong , Q. , and Liang , J. Preparation and Properties of the Powder SBR Composites Filled with CNTs by Spray Drying Process Materials Letters 60 2006 3769 3775