This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Multi-Physics Approach to Predict High Frequency NVH in Oil Pump Drives
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 31, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
NVH problems are often the result of mechanisms that originate through complex interactions between different physical domains (flow, structural/mechanical, control logic, etc.). Parallel-shaft spur gears subject to light torque loading caused by the dynamic pressure fluctuation of the oil used in engine accessory or transmission pump drives are likely to exhibit unusual gear whine associated with higher order meshing harmonics, even when the tooth profile has a high-quality grade finishing. Therefore, accurate integrated models are becoming a requirement to solve modern NVH problems.
- Min , D. , Park , B. , and Park , J. Artificial Engine Sound Synthesis Method for Modification of the Acoustic Characteristics of Electric Vehicles Shock and Vibration 2018 2018 5209207 https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/5209207
- Mehrgou , M. , Garcia de Madinabeitia , I. , Graf , B. , Zieher , F. et al. NVH Aspects of Electric Drives-Integration of Electric Machine, Gearbox and Inverter SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1556 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1556
- Holehouse , R. , Shahaj , A. , Michon , M. , and James , B. Integrated Approach to Electro-Mechanical System NVH Analysis SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1499 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1499
- Goetchius , G. Leading the Charge -The Future of Electric Vehicle Noise Control Sound and Vibration 45 2011 5 8
- Eisele , G. 2018
- Chung , C. , Steyer , G. , Abe , T. , Clapper , M. et al. Gear Noise Reduction Through Transmission Error Control and Gear Blank Dynamic Tuning SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1766 1999 https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1766
- Mark , W. Analysis of the Vibratory Excitation of Gear Systems: Basic Theory Journal of Acoustics Society America 63 1978 1409 1430 10.1121/1.381876
- Velex , P. , Bruyère , J. , and Houser , D.R. Some Analytical Results on Transmission Error in Narrow-Faced Spur and Helical Gears: Influence of Profile Modifications Journal of Mechanical Design 133 2011 10.1115/1.4003578
- Herting , D.N. A General Purpose, Multi-Stage, Component Modal Synthesis Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 1 1985 153 164
- Yu-qin , W. and Ze-wen , D. Influence of Blade Number on Flow- Induced Noise of Centrifugal Pump Based on CFD/CA Vacuum 172 2020 109058 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2019.109058