This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Methods of Evaluating the Efficiency and Vibration Stability of Vehicles with Internal Combustion Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 31, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The internal combustion engine is a source of disturbing oscillations, which affects the energy losses in the transmissions of vehicles. In the paper, using the previously obtained analytical expression for the cyclic elastic coefficient of efficiency of the transmission, the conditions for the appearance of its vibration instability are determined. An interrelation between the number of ICE cylinders and the elastic and inertial parameters of the transmission taking into account vibration stability has been obtained.As an example, the solution of the problem of replacing a 3-cylinder ICE with a 4-cylinder and a 6-cylinder by an 8-cylinder engine in the design of machine assemblies is considered.
- Mikhail Podrigalo - Kharkiv National Automobile & Highway University
- Mykhailo Kholodov - Kharkiv National Automobile & Highway University
- Maksym Baitsur - Kharkiv National Automobile & Highway University
- Nadezhda Podrigalo - Kharkiv National Automobile & Highway University
- Alexander Koryak - Kharkiv National Automobile & Highway University
- Dmytrii Abramov - Kharkiv National Automobile & Highway University
- Oleksandr Boboshko - Kharkiv National Automobile & Highway University
- Artobolevsky , I. Theory of Mechanisms and Machines Moscow Nauka 1975 639
- Weitz , V.L. Dynamics of Machine Units Leningrad Engineering 1969 370
- Komarov , M.S. Dynamics of Mechanisms and Machines Moscow Mechanical Engineering 1969 296
- Weitz , V.L. Dynamics of Machine Units with Internal Combustion Engines Leningrad Mechanical Engineering. Leningrad Branch 1976 384
- Kozhevnikov , S.N. Dynamics of Machines with Elastic Links K Publishing House of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR 1961 160
- Podrigalo , N.M.
- Podrigalo , M.A. , Klets , D.M. , Mostovaya , A.N. , and Nazarko , O.A. Acceleration Dynamics and Efficiency of a Passenger Car Mechanics and Engineering. Science and Technology Journal 2 2009 56 63
- Lepeshkin , A.V. Indicators for Evaluating the Effectiveness of Transmission and Energy Conversion by Transmission and Propulsion of a Wheeled Vehicle 11 M. Tractors and Agricultural Machinery 2014 29 35
- Smirnov , V. Tractor Efficiency 1 M. Tractors and Agricultural Machines 2007 23 25
- Podrigalo , M.A. , Polyansky , A.S. , Podrigalo , N.M. , and Abramov , D.V. Effect of the Non-uniformity of the Torque of the Internal Combustion Engine on the Energy Efficiency of Wheeled Vehicles Zaliznichny transport Ukraine: Science-Practical Journal 6 115 2015 40 46
- Gukhman , A.A. Introduction to the Theory of Similarity M Higher School 1963 255