This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Path Planning Algorithm of Automatic Perpendicular Parking in Constrained Parking Space
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
This article focuses on the implementation of a perpendicular parking assistance and more precisely, the path planner of the perpendicular parking. An iterative algorithm is adopted consisting of two steps. Firstly, whether the vehicle can reverse or drive park into the desired slot in one maneuver is checked. Secondly, a sequence of backward and forward moving is implemented from the original position, until the vehicle reaches a configuration of states from which it can be pulled into the parking slot. In both steps, the constraints of parking space and vehicle dynamics are considered. Simulation examples demonstrating the effectiveness of the proposed path planning strategy are presented.
CitationYe, F., Lu, H., and Qi, C., "Path Planning Algorithm of Automatic Perpendicular Parking in Constrained Parking Space," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0911, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0911.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Wada , M. , Yoon , K.S. , and Hashimoto , H. Development of Advanced Parking Assistance System IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 50 1 4 17 2003
- Song , Y.Y. and Liao , C.L. Analysis and Review of State-of-the-Art Automatic Parking Assist System IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics & Safety 61 66 Aug 25, 2016
- Latombe , J.-C. Robot Motion Planning Boston Springer 1992
- Dubins , L.-E. On Curves of Minimal Length with a Constraint on Average Curvature, with Prescribed Initial and Terminal Positions and Tangents American Journal of Mathematics 79 3 497 516 1957
- Reeds , J. and Shepp , L. Optimal Paths for a Car that Goes Both Forwards and Backwards Pacific Journal of Mathematics 145 2 367 393 1990
- Du , X.X. and Tan , K.K. Autonomous Reserve Parking System Based on Robust Path Generation and Improved Sliding Mode Control IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 16 3 1225 1237 2015
- Moon , J. , Bae , I. , Cha , J. , and Kim , S. A Trajectory Planning Method Based on Forward Path Generation and Backward Tracking Algorithm for Automatic Parking Systems IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems 719 724 Oct 8-11, 2014