This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Design and Simulation Analysis of an Intelligent Speed Bump
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
As a traffic deceleration device, speed bumps are widely used to reduce the speed of vehicles and have a good effect. However, in special occasions such as hospital entrance, the bumps caused by ordinary speed bumps are likely to aggravate the pain of patients. In view of this situation, an intelligent speed bump is designed in this paper, which can adjust the height of the speed bump according to the speed of the passing vehicles. When a low-speed vehicle passes by, the elastic link slider module works, so that the upper surface of the speed bump can be elastically lowered to improve the ride comfort of low-speed vehicles. When a high-speed vehicle passes by, the centrifugal locking module will lock the elastic link slider module, and the upper surface of the speed bump will be locked, which plays a role in speed limit. In this paper, SolidWorks and ADAMS/car are used to analyze the process of vehicle passing through the intelligent speed bump. In this process, the maximum vertical acceleration of low-speed vehicles is reduced by 75%, and the vertical speed is reduced by about 70%; The maximum vertical acceleration of high-speed vehicles is reduced by 30% and has a good deceleration effect on high-speed vehicles. This study has a positive effect on the design and application of intelligent road facilities.
CitationZeng, P., Zhao, D., Liu, L., Yang, Z. et al., "Structural Design and Simulation Analysis of an Intelligent Speed Bump," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0324, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0324.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
|Unnamed Dataset 7|
|Unnamed Dataset 8|
- Zhu , Y. and Peng , B. Analysis of Nonlinear Vibration Characteristics of Automobiles Passing through Deceleration Zones Noise And Vibration Control 2018 10.3969/j.issn.1006-1355.2018.05.018
- Hakan Lava , A. , Bilginb , E. , and Lavb , A.H. A Fundamental Experimental Approach for Optimal Design of Speed Bumps Accident Analysis and Prevention 116 53 58 2018 10.1016/j.aap.2017-05-022
- Qianbin , T. , Jinsong , Z. , and Tangzhi , L. Research on the Size of Deceleration Facility Based on ADAMS Simulation Analysis Northern Traffic 2015 10.15996/j.cn ki.b t.2015.02.016
- Zhengyou , C. , Haijing , M. , and Shigang , W. Simulation Research on Speed Bumps Lifting Device of New Type of Rewards and Punishment Type Intelligent Based on ANSYS and ADAMS Coal Technology 2017 l0.13301/.2017.05.086
- Xiao , M. Research of the Impact of Road Speed Control Facilities on Vehicle Ride Comfort Based on ADAMS/CAR
- Xue , A. and Xuezhu , W. Vibration Analysis of Passenger Cars Passing Deceleration Belt Based on MATLAB Mechanical Engineer 1002 2333 2016