This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Driving Planning of Pure Electric Commercial Vehicles on Curved Slope Road in Mountainous Area Based on Vehicle-Road Collaboration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
The mountain roads are curved and complicated, with undulating terrain and large distance between charging stations. Compared with traditional powered vehicles, in addition to safety issues, pure electric vehicles also need to deal with the driving range issue. At present, the relevant researches on automobile driving in mountainous areas mainly focus on the driving safety of traditional fuel oil vehicles when going uphill and downhill, while there are few researches on the driving planning of pure electric commercial vehicles on curved slope road.
This paper presents a speed planning method for pure electric commercial vehicles based on vehicle-road collaboration technology.
First, establish the vehicle dynamics model, analyze the vehicle dynamics characteristics when passing the downhill curve, calculate the safe speed range of the vehicle when passing the downhill curve, and establish the safe speed model of the downhill curve. Secondly, a regenerative braking model is established to analyze the influencing factors of braking energy recovery. On the premise of safe driving, the braking energy recovery can be increased. Finally, comprehensive driving speed efficiency, with the goal of improving braking energy recovery efficiency, determine the driving plan for downhill curves for the driver’s reference.
The planning method was simulated several times under five typical downhill curve conditions, and the results showed that the average braking energy recovery reached 0.411, which significantly improved the braking energy recovery efficiency and increased the driving range.
This method can help not only ensure the safe driving of pure electric commercial vehicles in the downhill curve in mountainous areas, but also increase the braking energy recovery and extend the driving range.
- Jingning Tang - National AQSI Center for Dedicated Equipment
- Hongwei Ling - Wuhan University of Technology
- Wanyang XIA - Wuhan University of Technology
- Li Liu - Wuhan University of Technology
- Puchun Zeng - Wuhan University of Technology
- Changxi Li - Wuhan University of Technology
- Zujie Yang - Wuhan University of Technology
CitationLing, H., XIA, W., Tang, J., Liu, L. et al., "The Driving Planning of Pure Electric Commercial Vehicles on Curved Slope Road in Mountainous Area Based on Vehicle-Road Collaboration," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0174, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0174.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Jiang , L. 2019
- Chen , B. 2011
- Wei , Z. , Ding , J. , Tang , F. , Han , G. , and Pei , J. Research on Energy Recovery Control Strategy of Pure Electric Vehicle Transportation Technology and Economy 22 02 16-19 16-68 2020
- Xie , W. 2017
- Wang , Q. 2013
- Liu , Y. 2014
- Wang , Q. 2015
- Ren , D. and Liao , Z. Application Research of 5g Vehicle Road Cooperative Automatic Driving Telecommunications Engineering Technology and Standardization 33 09 68 74 2020
- Shu , H. , Yuan , J. , Hu , M. , and Gao , Y. Optimization of Regenerative Braking Strategy for Medium Hybrid Vehicles with Uniform Downhill Speed Journal of Chongqing University 09 965 970 2008
- Gao , H. 2019
- Wang , W. , Zhang , Y. , and Wang , L. Analysis on the Influencing Factors of Braking Energy Recovery of Precursor Electric Vehicles Era of Agricultural Machinery 46 10 65 67 2019
- Tian , Z. , Yang , B. , Peng , D. , Liu , Z. et al. Pre-Curve Braking Planning of Battery Electric Vehicle Based on Vehicle Infrastructure Cooperative System SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1643 2020 https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1643
- Feng , J. , Tian , Z. , Cui , J. et al. Downhill Safety Assistant Driving System for Battery Electric Vehicles on Mountain Roads SAE Technical Papers Orlando, FL 2019 SAE International et al., ITAPROCHIM Materials Solutions, ITT, KBautosys, Meneta, ZF