This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Right First Time: Cloud-Based Cyber-Physical System for Data Acquisition and Remote Diagnostics to Optimize the Service Quality
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
This paper describes a system and a process to significantly decrease the downtime of commercial vehicles that are immobilized for the purpose of Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) in the workshop.
The process is based on a data acquisition system that is installed in the vehicles and collects data from a fleet under real driving conditions. The collected data is sent to the cloud and merged with other data sources, such as diagnostic data requested from the vehicles in the workshop, history data, test drive data, and so on.
The target-oriented analysis of selected data items results in predictive maintenance sequences. The sequences are described in OTX  and downloaded to the workshop tester that processes OTX sequences. In combination with Qtr.-based GUIs, the service technician is guided thru the maintenance process. If required, an external technical expert can access the vehicle remotely and support the local service technician to do his job right the first time.
CitationSubke, P. and Moshref, M., "Right First Time: Cloud-Based Cyber-Physical System for Data Acquisition and Remote Diagnostics to Optimize the Service Quality," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0158, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0158.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Dadam , S.R. , Jentz , R. , Ienzen , T. , and Meissner , H. Diagnostic Evaluation of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System on Gasoline Electric Hybrid Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0902 2020 https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0902
- Subke , P. Diagnostic Communication with Road-Vehicles and Non-Road Mobile Machinery SAE International 2019 978-0-7680-9367-4
- Subke , P. Internationally Standardized Technology for the Diagnostic Communication of External Test Equipment with Vehicle ECUs SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0281 2014 https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0281
- Hanc , M. , Dietze , M. , and Subke , P. Qt and QML Based HMI Widgets and OTX Scripts for Diagnostic Test Equipment SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1358 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1358
- Subke , P. , Moshref , M. , and Erber , J. In-Vehicle Diagnostic System for Prognostics and OTA Updates of Automated / Autonomous Vehicles SAE Int. J. Advances & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 2 5 2963 2968 2020 10.4271/2020-01-1373
- Subke , P. , and Moshref , M. Improvement of the Resilience of a Cyber-Physical Remote Diagnostic Communication System against Cyber Attacks SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0112 2019 https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0112
- Subke , P. , and Moshref , M. APP-Based Diagnostics of E/E Systems with ISO Standardized Technology (MVCI, ODX, OTX, and UDS on DoIP) SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0073 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0073
- Subke , P. August 3, 2020