This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Research on Modeling and Pressure Control of Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
A fourth-order mathematical model for I-EHB (integrated electro-hydraulic brake) system was derived from its mechanical and hydraulic subsystems. The model was linearized at equilibrium state and then was verified by AMESIM software. The friction model of the system was analyzed based on static friction and viscous friction. A bench test was designed to identify the parameters of friction model. As the I-EHB system worked at different braking conditions, a PID-based switching controller was designed to track the target servo cylinder pressure. Both simulations and experiments results showed that, the response time of pressure was less than 120ms, and there was no overshoot, which helped handling different braking conditions and improving the braking safety and comfort.
CitationWang, B., Wang, M., Jiang, Y., and Shangguan, W., "A Research on Modeling and Pressure Control of Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0130, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0130.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Jiawang , Y.O.N.G. , Feng , G.A.O. , Neng-gen , D.I.N.G. , and Yu-ping , H.E. Pressure-Tracking Control of a Novel Electro-Hydraulic Braking System Considering Friction Compensation J. Cent. South Univ. 24 1909 1921 2017
- Ricardo de Castro , T.F. , Araujo , R.E. , Savaresi , S.M. et al. Adaptive-Robust Friction Compensation in a Hybrid Brake-by-Wire Actuator Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering 228 10 769 786 2014
- Zhuoping , Y. , Wei , H. , Lu , X. , and Songyun , X. Hydraulic Pressure Control System of Integrated-Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Based on Byrnes-Isidori Normalized Form Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2016
- Todeschini , F. , Corno1 , M. , Panzani , G. , Fiorenti , S. , et al. Adaptive Cascade Control of a Brake-by-Wire Actuator for Sport Motorcycles IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 20 3 1310 1319 2015
- Gao , F. , Yong , J. , Ding , N. , and Xu , G. Booster Algorithm and Functionality Validation of an Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics 43 3 424 431 2017
- Tota , A. , Galvagno , E. , Velardocchia , M. and Vigliani , A. Passenger Car Active Braking System: Model and Experimental Validation (Part II) Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 232 4 585 594 2018
- Mostafa , R. , Haggag , S.A. , and Kamal , A.M.M. Enhanced Electromechanical Brake-by-Wire System Using Sliding Mode Controller Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control 138 041003 041001 APRIL 2016
- D’alfio , N. , Morgando , A. , and Sorniotti , A. Eeectro-Hydraulic Brake Systems: Design and Test through Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation Vehicle System Dynamics 44 supl 378 392
- Li , J. , Yang , X. , Miao , H. , and Shi , Z. Co-Simulation Research of Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1647 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1647
- KO , S. , SONG , C. , and KIM , H. Cooperative Control of the Motor and the Electric Booster Brake to Improve the Stability of an in-Wheel Electric Vehicle International Journal of Automotive Technology 17 3 447 456 2016