This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Energy Management for Electric Vehicle: Energy Demand for Cabin Comfort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 30, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The rapid development of CO2 reduction policies pushes an equivalent effort by the OEMs to design and produce Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) in order to lower the global CO2 emission of its fleet. The main effort has been applied primarily to the electric traction architecture (electric traction motor and battery energy storage). Furthermore, extending BEV autonomy range continues to be deficient and this is even more critical when the customer operates the air conditioning system to reach and maintain the cabin comfort. The aim of this work is to present vehicle level design solutions, that reduce the energy demand by the air conditioning system, allowing the vehicle to increase it’s range.
CitationTarzia, A., "Energy Management for Electric Vehicle: Energy Demand for Cabin Comfort," SAE Technical Paper 2020-37-0031, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-37-0031.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Popoli, V. , “Advanced Thermal Management Strategies for Pure Electric Vehicles,” Master Thesis, Turin Polytechnic, 2018.
- Meteonorm 7.0 - ATH Italia Srl-Software Division.
- Nielsen, F. , “Automotive Climate Systems - Investigation of Current Energy Use and Future - Energy Saving Measures,” 2016.
- ICDP , Automotive Distribution Research, Insight, Implementation - Programme 2020-2021.
- Li, W., Stanula, P., Egede, P., Kara, S., and Herrmann, C. , “Determining the Main Factors Influencing the Energy Consumption of Electric Vehicles in the Usage Phase,” in 23rd CIRP Conference on Life Cycle Engineering, 2016.
- Heat Shielding for Cabin Comfort - S-LECTM Solar Control Film, www.s-lecfilm.com/.
- Shepherd Color Company , “Dynamix - Dry Dispersion Technology (Brochure),” www.shepherdcolor.com.
- “IR-Reflective Pigments: A Black Rainbow of Options, PCI (Paint & Coating Industry),” available at https://www.pcimag.com/articles/102920-ir-reflective-pigments-a-black-rainbow-of-options.
- Bendiganavale, A.K. and MalsheInfrared, V.C. , “Reflective Inorganic Pigments,” Recent Patents on Chemical Engineering, 2008, Bentham Science Publishers Ltd.
- “The-Physics-of-Foil,” www.norbord.com/na/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/.
- Nissan Motor Corporation , “Cabin Heating, Quickly and Comfortably, Cuts Down on Air-Conditioning Power Consumption.”
- Schumacher, A. , IEE Heater Technology, 2017.
- Siemens, P.L.M. , “Software: LMS Imagine.Lab.”
- Galbraith, J. , “Optical Properties of Glass: How Light and Glass Interact,” 2015.
- Collins, D., Rednic, R., and Douglas, C. , “Thake Infrared Heating as an Adjunct to Achieve Vehicle Occupant Thermal Comfort,” 2015.
- Fang, V., Kennedy, J., Futter, J., Manning, J. , “A Review of Near Infrared Reflectance Properties of Metal Oxide Nanostructures,” GNS Science Report 2013/39, 2013.
- American Meteorological Society , “Sunlight and Season - Teacher’s Guide,” 2012.